Thursday, June 20, 2019

Seattle: Lunch at Google!

The girls have really enjoyed playing with Amos this week. He is a super easy and fun kid and he has loved having his cousins giving him all the attention. Here Avynlea is playing blocks with him.
 Joshua works at Google and today Mom, Heather and I were able to go meet him at work to eat lunch with him and tour the campus.

 Google treats it's employees well that is for sure! They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and it is all free. They have multiple cafe's and kitchenettes with different foods and snacks in all of them. For lunch I had a Pork Chop, steamed carrots, a mixed greens salad and a roll. I then had chocolate frozen yogurt and two peanut butter cookies. As we were touring through looking at everything we walked through a kitchenette that had snacks and I grabbed a fig bar and some jelly bellys and a seaweed pack to take home to the girls.
 Mom and Joshua had a fun time highjacking my phone when I left it with them to get some Fro-Yo and then to use the restroom.


 At Google we saw a wellness center and a hair studio, we also saw a gaming room where some people were gathered watching a basketball game. I did not see a lot of work happening but I am sure that was going on somewhere :)
 It was take your Dog to work day which Joshua did not know about and we saw a lot of dogs with their owners. This one was waiting outside the coffee bar and was super chill and patient the entire time that we saw him there.

After our tour we went back home and Heather and I took the girls to Uwajimaya, an Asian Market in Seattle. It had all the Asian stuff you could want and we had fun buying some Asian candy and looking at all the stuff.
 After we got back from the market we waited for Amos to wake up from his nap and then we went to get cookies and go to the park.
 Rylee, Heather, Avynlea and I had a race to see who could reach the top of this rope climb first, Rylee won and I came in last. I was super nervous going up and really hesitant which is why I was last. I am OK with my last place finish, I would rather get last then rush to win and accidentally slip and fall to my death. Also the rope climb was taller then it looks :/
At dinner Amos asked everyone one by one if we had a good day today and we were all able to give a big YES!