Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Cherry Picking!

Ryker has been out at the farm working off and on since school got out. Mikell was out there recently with her kids and she sent me a couple pictures of Ryker being really sweet with his little Cousins. I really love that my kids have the opportunity to be around all of their little Cousins so often. They have learned so many skills in dealing with kids and it is going to only serve them well in life. I love that they are patient and kind with them and they genuinely enjoy being around them. It is pretty cute to watch.
Ryker and James                                      Ryker and Kelly
My friend Kim sent me a text asking if we wanted to go Cherry picking with her family. We didn't have anything going on so those of us who were home made plans to go, Mom, Heather, Avynlea and I. Rylee was in Emmett with Ryker for a couple of days.
She took us to a U-pick place in Emmett that I haven't been to before, which is not to hard to have happen, there are a lot of U-pick cherry places in Emmett. This one was really nice in that the tree branches were lower to the ground so we did not need ladders to reach the cherries. Even the kids had an easy time picking cherries.
I did not want a lot of cherries because they don't get eaten as fast and when I have tried to freeze them in the past they end up never getting eaten so I only picked one bucket for myself.
Heather wanted to take some Cherries home with her so she picked a bucket for herself and then Mom just picked cherries for both of our buckets.

Avynlea helped Kate get some cherries for her bucket, I spent some time helping Kate put cherries in her bucket but when I saw her walk away and dump them out I stopped helping her. I saw her do that a couple of times and figured she just didn't want cherries in her cute pink bucket.
Good times with cute friends. If we posted a cherry picking picture to our Facebook page and tagged this cherry stand in it they said they would give us a quarter off the per pound price. I was more then fine with that and posted the group picture of the kids we took with all of their cherries. Kim had a lot of happy helpers and ended up getting 80 pounds of cherries! I got about 8 and Heather got about the same. Kim freezes hers and uses them in smoothies throughout the year and she also takes some around the neighborhood to give to neighbors so she likes to have a lot on hand.
???, Allie, Avynlea, Kate, Sophie, Makenna Lindley, Henry and William