Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Hair Night!

Avynlea really likes the palm pattern that has been popular recently in a lot of items and while we were at Target she made a gathering of a bunch of Palm printed stuff and posed for a cute picture.
The Beehives asked if I would come to Mutual Wednesday night and teach them how to do hair. I was pretty excited because I love the Beehives and I thought it would be a lot of fun to give them some tips about Hair and try to teach them some cute hairdos.
I taught them a messy bun, a Hair Bow, How to easy hair wrap your ponytail and answered all their hair related questions. They were the cutest! They clapped for me a lot and were so excited with everything I taught them. I loved how super complementary they were of each other and that they would rave on and on about how well each other was doing. It was a lot of fun. 
Claire Elder came with damp hair and in her head she couldn't do anything while all the other girls were doing such great hairstyles. I told her that it takes a lot pf practice and that really the other girls were not doing that great of a job but she couldn't get out of her head and decided to go home. I felt bad and later sent this text to her Mom:
"If Claire wants to come over sometime I would love to do one on one hair tutorials with her. I hope she is feeling better and let her know I love her."
to which she replied:
"Thanks Elizabeth! I might have to join. We are hair challenged over here, she is feeling better though"

Makayla was struggling with being able to do anything with her hair and I asked her if she wanted to try doing a braid in my hair. She gladly accepted and after I showed her how to weave the braid she took my hair and braided like a pro. She was so proud of herself for doing her first braid ever and the girls were so excited for her and kept telling her how amazing she did. It was fun to see her level of confidence go up.
At the end of the night I told the girls they had ten seconds to do their most wack-a-do hairstyle and then we were going to take a picture. They are such a fun group of girls and Iam so happy I got to hang with them for the night.
Back Row: Aubrey Pinon, Allie Hansen, Addie Lewis, Halsey Murray and Brynn Givens
Front Row: Tayci Olsen, Rylee, Makayla Pace and Kenzie Bjorn