Friday, June 28, 2019

Beehive Party

Makayla's Mom invited all the neighborhood Beehives to go with them to the Temple Thursday morning. Rylee went with them and had a good time. I was glad when her Mom sent a picture of the girls in front of the Temple after they did the Baptisms. 
Allie Hansen, Claire Elder, Kinsey Bjorn, Tayci Olsen, Makayla Pace, Brynn Givens, Addie Lewis and Rylee

There is a new Rocket Car Wash over by our house and for their Grand Opening they were doing free car washes all day on Friday. We had to go to Wal-Mart to get stuff for Rylee's party and after that we took the Expedition through the car wash. Kefford always washes our cars and so I never go through a car wash. It was actually quite fun, I liked the flashing color and the sound of the wash was pretty soothing.
I liked it so much that when I took the Escape to get the Pizza for Rylee's party we took it through the free car wash as well. Such fun!
Rylee is not a party planner, she is not the most eager to go to parties and definitely does not like to throw her own party. So I was quite surprised when I found out she wanted to put together a party for the Beehives her age in order to pass off a Personal Progress requirement. She was very thorough in her planning and had multiple planning lists. That morning I took her to Wal-Mart so she could get food and she took a separate shopping cart from mine and went on her own to shop. It was pretty cute.
As it got closer to the party she started getting everything set up and I liked watching her attention to detail
She had 7 out of the 9 she invited that were able to come. Cousin Allie had been staying the night at our house for a couple of days so she was out there and Avynlea was out there off and on as well.
The night started with food and games and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I loved how well the girls got along. There was no drama and no issues. The girls were patient and fun, I loved it! Well, I loved what I could see of it. At one point towards the beginning of the party Rylee came in and closed the blinds in the living room because she did not want us staring at them. I told her she had to keep the kitchen ones open because I had to be able to chaperone a little bit.


Addie Lewis, Allie Hansen, Tayci Olsen, Kenzie Bjorn, Brynn Givens, Makayla Pace, Rylee and Clair Elder
Once it was dark enough Kefford put a movie on the projector and the girls settled in to watch "Monte Carlo". Unfortunately it does not get dark until late and about 45 minutes into the movie we had to turn it off and take them home. They were bummed to have to leave but I told them maybe we could have everyone back in a couple of weeks to finish the movie.
Rylee did a really good job at this party, I was impressed with her stepping outside of her comfort zone and how well she executed her ideas. She is a pretty great kid!