Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wer're in McCall!

Finally after waiting all summer we made it up to McCall. We got there pretty late Friday night so we put the kids and ourselves to bed and the next day we got up rested and ready for fun.

This was the view we had outside our windows Saturday morning. isn't that beautiful? All those beautiful trees and the misty fog rolling through them and over the lake. I love the mountains!

We headed into town so that we could walk around a little plus we needed to get some groceries. My four cuties had fun climbing on this four bear statue and they all posed next to their favorite one!

Rylee really wanted to show off how she could jump off this ledge. She started off a little higher up but really hesitated when she saw the drop (it was not that high but to this three year old it was enormous) so after trying to screw up some courage but not quite getting their she moved down to a smaller drop off and made the leap! Great job Rylee!!

While in the bookstore Kenedy found the current issue of TeenBop magazine and begged me to buy it for her. I owed her $5 for cleaning my bathroom anyway so I got it for her. We all liked teasing her about liking Justin Bieber although she says she doesn't. I believe her but it is still fun to tease her about it. Check out who she was reading about while at the grocery store! Ha ha ha! It came with some cool posters so now she has Selena Gomez, The Jonas brothers up on her wall. I told her she should send the Justin Bieber poster to her cousin Alyssa who also claims to hate the boy. I think it would be funny and Kenedy thought so too.
This store in McCall had the little shopping carts for kids to use. It was so cute watching Avy and Rylee walk around with their shopping carts putting things in them to buy.

Avynlea and Rylee had fun playing on this mechanical horse. I didn't have any change so we couldn't make it go but they enjoyed pretending.

YEE-HAW!

Silly girl!

My Mom likes to tell the story about when my older brother was about Rykers age and one day they were standing outside the supermarket when she lost sight of Jeremy. She looked around and found him scaling the store wall. He was pretty far up there and it scared her so bad. Watching my kids try this wasn't as scary because they did not get as far up. thank heavens!

Here I am waiting in the car for Kefford to get our Subway sandwiches. One of the Drs they do work for in McCall owns the Subway that is in McCall. He gave Kefford some coupons for free sandwiches and boy did we use those. We thought they were for six inch only but then Kefford came out with five huge footlong sandwiches. Wow did we ever eat good that night.

I need Kefford to make me a new pair of sunglasses. I love to people watch but I don't want said people to know that I am looking at them. I only figured out not too long ago that these glasses do not hide my eyes. How embarrassing! He better get on that one quick so I can go back to one of my favorite hobbys.

Before we left to go into town the three older kids played around in the hot tub. Rylee did not get a chance to and so I told her when we got back she and I would go in together by ourselves. She was really nervous about being in there and would only knell on the seat. I forced her to stand in the middle to show her it was not deep and so she became more comfortable with that. She did not like the jets though and would freak out any time I would turn them on. I have to admit I did it a couple of times on purpose because her reactions were so funny. Finally I told her they were only bubbles coming out and she seemed to be a little bit more OK with it. What a funny girl!

HotTubbing fun!
We had a perfect first full day in McCall and were happy to be together as a family away from the rest of life!