Monday, September 20, 2010

Some Thoughts

Not to long ago I was at Costco and I saw the movies "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" and "Singin' in the Rain". They were a pretty decent price and so I bought them. I was so excited to get them, I loved those movies growing up and was excited to introduce them to my kids. I was a little nervous about how they would like them because you just never know. Especially with the kiddos being rather young. But I had high hopes and one night we turned on "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". Guess what? They loved it!! They thought it was such a fun movie and even enjoyed the singing and dancing. Ryker even thought it was cool. Phew and Yeah! I was so worried but really happy with their reactions. Now Kenedy and Ryker both say it is one of their favorites. That makes me so happy because it is a good, clean, decent movie! A couple weeks later we had family movie night and I took the opportunity to have them watch "Singin' in the Rain". They loved this one too!! They were laughing so hard throughout alot of it. Oh the joy I felt! Seriously! I love that my kids are starting to be exposed to classic movie and that they are learning to love them as much as I do!

As I was packing up everything to get ready to go to McCall I wanted to make sure to pack my laptop with the charger so that I could use it while I was up there. I had my computer but I could not find my charger anywhere. I knew where i thought I had left it but I was not seeing it. I was getting a little panicked because I could not find it. I remembered something kind of similar that happened to my sister-in-law and she wrote about it on her blog and talked about how she felt she needed to kneel down in prayer and ask the Lord for help and then her prayer was answered. I figured it was worth a shot and could never hurt and so I knelt down and asked the Lord for help. I knew in the grand scheme of things finding my charger was not that big of deal but I really needed it so that I could do catch up blogging while in McCall. I felt like I needed to look in where my sewing stuff was and after thinking well that was easy I went to go get it. It was not there. Darn it. I felt pretty humbled after that and kept looking all the while with a prayer in my heart. Right when we were about ready to go I asked Kenedy if she would look under the red couches for me and there it was, my charger. I learned that just because I asked the Lord for help does not mean that He was going to magically make something appear for me. I needed to keep trusting Him and know that no matter what things would be OK. I am glad that I found my charger though and that He helped me!

Another thing that I don't want to forget is a dream I had a month or so ago. I dreamt that my youngest brother Andrew who is now 19 and on a mission was a baby again. Except he was a teeny tiny baby with a big head. Weird and random I know. I was holding him in the palm of my hand, that's how small he was in my dream, when my dad came in. My Dad passed away about 6 1/2 years ago and so I was really excited to see him. He looked really great and I wasn't holding andrew anymore, he disappeared somehow, so I ran over to my Dad and just hugged him. It felt so nice and so real and I was sooo happy. It was at this point that Kefford came to bed and woke me up. He fell asleep on the couch and woke up in the middle of that night and thats when he came to bed. Him moving around and climbing into bed woke me up and I was pretty upset with him for waking me up. Later I was telling my Mom and Kefford about the dream and they both said that if I wouldn't have been woken up I most likely wouldn't have remembered that dream. So now I am so thankful that I was woken up because I can remember what I dreamt and how nice it was to see my Dad again. I really miss him!