Sunday, September 12, 2010

Discovery Center 2010!

OK so here I am up in McCall and so far having a glorious time! Being away on vacation is so nice! While I am here relaxing away I decided I really needed to get my blog caught up. I have posts that need to be posted from as far away as Fathers Day. Oh man, I am so sorry Kefford, I realize that Mothers Day was posted like the day after and here we are almost four months later and still Fathers Day has not been posted about. Lame! So I am going to take this chance of being on vacation to update and get everything right and caught up on my blog. OK ready? Here we go.

One day I believe during spring break I took the kids to the Discovery Center. Candice gave me a get in free card and so it was a day of free entertainment..thanks Candice! We invited my friend Shannon Grogan and her kids to come along and off we went.

It was a cold and rainy day but we braved the weather and made it to the Discovery Center. trying to get a picture of everyone facing the same way and smiling was proving to be very difficult. I would like it to be said that in this picture I have two kids looking and smiling while Shannon's had only one...I win!

This one I have three facing the camera, not necessarily looking at the camera but facing it, while Shannon only had two, once again I win! Ha!

I don't remember what the theme was at this time but when we walked in they had this fun balloon sculpture. Avynlea was the only one who would get inside of it so I could get a picture. I think it is supposed to be some type of DNA chain thing.

Of course the kids had to climb on and play on the chair lift. This is always a favorite of all the kids. Ryker was up first.

Then Avynlea got on with Rylee. Rylee is lucky she had Miss Muscles Avynlea to pull the two of them up since she was more into using her hand to pacify herself! Obviously Avy had a good ride, it doesn't show but Rylee loved it too, she didn't want to get down.

Taking care of pets in the animal clinic was a fun dress up station.

This ball was super cool in that with a push of a button you could change the look of it to any planet in our solar system. It even had a button to make it look like the moon. So cool!

Of course the little pretend grocery store is also a big hit with all of the kids. Here Ryker is showing off a pretty big salami! Yum Yum!

Kenedy is checking out her groceries while Sammi looks on.

Isn't Rylee so cute? She loved playing in this little store!

Putting groceries on the conveyor belt.

Ryker and Dillon showing off all the money they had to spend!

Avynlea enjoyed getting her blood pressure taken. She called it giving her arm a hug!

Rylee was so brave to lay down on the bed of nails. it didn't hurt her one bit. But I wonder how it would have felt if she wasn't wearing her heavy jacket!
This is her scared face. Well at least I was trying to get her to have a scared face but this was the best she could come up with at the time.
After our little trip to the Discovery Center we had planned on eating a picnic lunch we had packed but it was so cold and rainy we gave up on that idea and headed back to our house to eat lunch and play a little bit more with our friends. It was a fun day with the Grogans and a fun day at the Discovery Center.