Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grandma's Tea 2010


Kenedy 10 Mikayla 6

Avynlea 5 Brielle 4
Ally 3 Rylee 3

Qiana 2

These pretty girls were the lucky participants at Grandma Alison's third annual Grandma's Tea. Alison started this tradition 2 years ago and it is something the girls all look forward to every year. This is the first year that Brielle and Qiana live close enough to participate and it was fun to see those girls there. Unfortunately there are still three Granddaughters who couldn't be there. Mikells baby Brooke is too young and Dustin's two girls Isabelle and Audry live in Utah so they were not there this year. Hopefully the number of girls there will grow as the years go on.

This was Rylee's first year at the Tea and she was so excited about the entire event. Her invitation did not come in the mail, it got returned for some reason but Grandma saved it and gave it to her at the party. She asked me to read it to her and I didn't want to tell her it was her late invite so I said it was a thank you note. She was so cute about it and would open it for everyone and "read" it out loud. "Dear Rylee thank you for coming to my party"! Ahh I love it! So cute!

After her psycho shot I told her to calm it down a bit and smile pretty for the camera. this was the best she could do at the time. :0)

Three pretty little girls waiting for the fun to begin.

Kenedy, Brit, Kylie and I did all of the decorations. I think it looks absolutely magical. It was my idea to put the ribbon hanging down from the top.
This was the first year I got to be around for the tea party. In the past Alison came and picked the girls up and would have them stay the night. I was happy to see how it all goes down and to also get some pictures!

This is a classic Avynlea face. She did this for me and Josh when I told her to show us her monkey face and it became the fun thing to do! Love this girls personality!

before the girls could eat the food Grandma had to tell them a little bit about manners.

They all listened and acted so well!


My three girlies had such a fun time and really love this tradition. I am glad that they will have all of these fun memories to look back on and talk about as they get older. I hope that doing this and other things with their cousins and Grandma will help them to stay connected and close!