Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Roaring Springs

We bought discounted Roaring Springs tickets from Linder and when the weather finally turned nice and hot we packed up and headed out for a day of play. It would have been fun to have Kefford there with us but we had to use our tickets before a certain date and he was still in his cast at that time so he got left behind to go to work.

Ready to have some fun in the sun.

The day we went was a very popular day and we have to park way out in the boonies and hike in to enter the park. I bought some drinks and got crackers at the store to bring in so that we could have some snacks throughout the day. Little did I know that Roaring Springs does not allow outside food or drinks into the park..lame! So I hiked back to the car and dropped off our "getting through the day fuel".

Once inside we headed over to the kiddie area. Rylee wanted to go down the waterslide and so I handed my camera to a friend who was there and instructed her to get a picture of rylee on her way down. I knew this would be the only time Rylee would be brave enough to venture down the slide and I wanted it documented. I went up with Rylee and helped her to get on the slide.

Once Rylee came down she said it was fun but when I asked her if she wanted to go again she said "no". Told ya! She just had fun playing in the inner tubes and hanging out in the water.

Isn't she a cutie pie!

Avynlea was actually a brave little toaster this year and really enjoyed herself going down the kiddie slides. She did them over and over again.

She also liked sitting in the tubes and floating around.


Avynlea also liked showing me how brave she was by sticking her face in the water!

Such a smartie pants!

Rylee and i had loads of fun hanging out in the sunshine!

Cheese!

Here we find Kenedy going down a waterslide. I tried to let her and Ryker have a little more freedom and had them go do what they wanted while I stayed in the kiddie area with the littles. I told them they had to stick together and they did for the most part. The two of them a big chickens though and didn't do much apart from the wave pool and endless river.

Such two cute bathing beauties.

Ryker loving the water!

Avynlea showing off her face in the water skills once again.
We had such a great time at the water park. By the time we were ready to leave we were hot, tired and hungry but very happy from our day in the sun and water. This is definitely a tradition we will do our best to keep year after year!