Saturday, October 24, 2015

National Honor Society Induction Ceremony

A couple of weeks ago we got a letter in the mail inviting Kenedy to apply to be a member of the National Honor Society. I thought it was cool but didn't think much of it. Kenedy applied and then a little bit later we got another letter saying she was accepted. I thought that was great but again didn't think too much on it until I saw how excited she was. She was really thrilled with being accepted and when I saw her excitement I thought maybe I was missing something. I didn't realize what a big honor this was until we went to the induction ceremony. We got a fancy invitation in the mail for the Monday night ceremony. Kefford stayed home but I took all of the kids with me and we got to the school right before it started, probably about five minutes before. When we walked in everyone was already sitting in their seats, included a row of people on the stage, and it was deathly quiet. It felt a little awkward especially considering the fact that the only seats available for all 5 of us were in the very front. I could feel the eyes following us to our seats. 

It very quickly got started and it was a really nice ceremony with speakers giving short messages and the current presidency explaining all about National Honor Society. I got this picture of Kenedy solemnly swearing to do something or other as a member of NHS, maybe it was the actual induction, I really cannot remember but I am sure it was good.
Kenedy gets really annoyed with me taking pictures of her and so when she acts like a stinker in front of other people I make sure to do whatever I am doing to annoy her more. In this case it was the picture taking, apparently its only cool to take selfies, not when a parent takes your picture. 
They called the members names and they got to go up get their certificates, shake a lot of hands and then get their official pin and sticker.
The principal of the school gave one of the speeches and I really enjoyed listening to him. He was a good speaker and he kept it short which always pleases me. He is the lone man in the bottom picture. I love the look on Marshanne Bates (in the blue and black) face being excited for Kenedy. She does all of the financial stuff for cheer and was Kenedys math teacher last year so she knows Kenedy pretty well. We like her a lot, and she is the advisor for the NHS which is cool, we did not know that.
After everyone marched across the stage it was time to make this all official by putting the sticker they were given on their certificates. 

Kenedys friend Katie Thidedeau was inducted that night also and it was fun for the two of them to do this together.
This was a fun night of honoring Kenedy and her accomplishments. After all of this was done they announced the members by classes and when they came to Kenedy the girl said Kenny Peterson. We all thought that was hilarious! They got her name right every other time so it was ok. :)
When we got home apparently Rylee decided to be a bit annoying and take pictures of Kenedy as she was lying on her bed. She took a ton but I chose two and then deleted the rest.