Monday, October 19, 2015

2nd Annual Peterson Halloween Party

Last year I had the awesome idea to start a Peterson Family Halloween party. I really wanted a chance for our family to be able to get together for a fun night and see all of our cute kids in their costumes. At the time I really wanted it to be something I did every year, my tradition my party type of thing. After the success of last years party Gwen asked if she could do it this year. I really, really wanted to say no that it was my thing but I did not want to be a selfish jerk and so I figured if someone else wanted to throw it I had to let them. So this year Gwen took charge of the party and that is how we came to be at the Farm on October 17th. 
I worked out that morning and then came home and showered but only had enough time to do my bangs and makeup before I was being pulled out the door. I brought my curling iron with the intention of curling my hair once it was dry but Kenedy asked if she could braid my hair and since that sounded easier I let her. She did an amazing job and my hair looked really cute thanks to her expert hands. She has really gotten good at this hair braiding gig!
I caught Bob trying to take a snooze and managed to get a picture before he woke up.
The older guys went outside for a little bit and shot some skeet. Alison took this picture of Ryker for me.
At about 4:30 we all started to get our kids dressed in costumes and ready for the party which was starting at 5. I thought little Sadie made an adorable bumblebee. She discovered the zipper on the side of her costume and spent most of the party unzipping and stripping off her costume. She makes me laugh and is the cutest little bug ever!
Kefford made these glasses out of th pipe cleaners Whitney had gotten out. After seeing his picture he decided he needed to draw on a scar and become a drunk Harry Potter. Not sure I appreciate the drunk part of his fun but he makes me laugh and it didn't last very long. Pretty much long enough for me to take some pictures.


Any time the kids get to be with their cousins is happy time! I love how close my kids are with their cousins and I love that they are best friends with each other. Jeremy and Gwen bbq'd hotdogs and hamburgers and the rest of us brought finger foods. I made candy corn jello and I forgot to take a picture of the finished product but trust me when I say they were super cute and a big hit! The kids loved jumping on the trampoline and there were plenty of games to keep the kids occupied and happy.
Brielle, Rylee and Qiana
The first part of the day Sadie would give me the side eye look like she was trying to figure out who I was and why I was talking to her. By the time we got to the party she was more comfortable with the idea of me and instead of weird looks I got happy smiles. I really love this kid!


Isabelle
Trying to get all of the kids together in one picture is always a chore. I sent Kenedy over with my camera when I saw what was going on and she took one (kind of) group shot and then she zeroed in on different people. The kids were all gathered in the first place because Gwen bought a piñata and they all wanted a turn to hit it. The funniest part of the day was when James was hitting the piñata, he gave it a wack or two and then the thing fell on him. It didn't hurt him at all, it was just super funny!










Xander looked so cute in his cow costume eating his chocolate.
Tayvia was trying to open her sucker and was determined to do it without help. I am pretty sure she succeeded. 
Rylee took over at the ring toss game and was helping her little cousins. It makes my heart happy to see my big kids loving on and helping the littles. They are so good with them!


James 

Charlotte 
standing in back: Lance, Brielle, Qiana and Rylee
secondish row: Xander, Grayson, Jaeger, Beckham, Asher, Avynlea, Mikayla and Ally
Frontish row: James, Jenna, Charlotte, Audrey, Brooke, Tayvia, Madison, Sadie and Isabelle

Doughnuts on a string was a popular game with some of the kids. I am pretty sure the piece of doughnut on the ground that Qiana is picking up is the same piece of doughnut put back on the string for her to try again in the second picture. A little dirt never hurts!
This is one of my favorite pictures from the party. I love how Brielle looks and think she has the perfect kitty attributes!
Ally and Avy liked the doughnut eating as well


It was a fun party and I loved being with everyone and having this opportunity to visit and socialize!