Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween Banner

Last year I had the idea that I wanted to display all of the Halloween pictures I have taken starting with Kenedys first Halloween. I started compiling pictures as I found them and putting them into a Halloween folder on my computer. I was thinking maybe just printing them off and putting them in frames but thought that was a lot of frames and where would I put them. I was not sure how to do the displaying and so I just sat on the project for the year. 

This year I happened upon the perfect halloween printable. It was free, all I had to do was get it printed. It was the perfect solution for my display, a banner. They had put space for pictures and had dots with all of the years from 1996 to 2035. I was so excited! I looked through my pictures and realized I had every picture but could not find 2001. I knew it was Kenedy in her honey pot costume but I could not find a copy anywhere. I feel I have been really great at sending pictures to my Mom and Mother-in-law throughout the years and so I texted both of them to see if they could find it. My Mom wrote back that she had it and she sent a picture of it. Yes! Pictures gathered, banner printed, time to start making. 

I put it all together and decided to laminate them all so that it could last longer. I sewed the pages to a ribbon and decided it needed more pizzaz so I added orange and black ribbons from my ribbon stash. I absolutely love how it turned out. It makes me so happy to see an idea come to life in the perfect way. I hung it on hooks we already had up so I could take these pictures but definitely did not want them in these spots. I bought some 3M hooks so I could display them over the piano but no matter what I did I could not get the hooks to stay up. I was getting frustrated but then thought it was not a big deal and I put them away until next year where I would find the perfect spot and the perfect hooks.