Thursday, October 22, 2015

Field Trip to Downtown Meridian

Rylee got to go on her first field trip of the year on Monday. Her teacher told me I could go with them but I teach dance on Mondays so I had to opt out. I was a little bummed but not too bad. I have been on a lot of field trips so it was ok in my book to miss one every once in a while. Rylee's best friends Mom was able to go and she was awesome and sent me some pictures of the trip. They went to downtown Meridian and took a tour of City Hall which was fun for them. They have been learning about government in school and have even learned the names of our President, Idaho Governor and the Mayor of Meridian. I asked Rylee if she got to meet Mayor DeWeerd and she said nope not this time. 
After that they went to the Pine Street School which is a historical one room schoolhouse. Rylee really liked writing on the little chalkboards.
Maryn and Rylee
in the bottom picture Rylee is top row on the very right
In this bottom picture Rylee is second from left 
Rylee said she had a lot of fun on her field trip but it was pretty cold. Makes me glad I was not involved, ha!
Maryn and Rylee BFFs

At dance I always give the kids a stamp on their hand at the end of class. The ink pads have different fruity smells depending on what color it is and the kids like to smell the stamp after they get it on their hands. I always try to remind the kids to blow on the stamp 3 times before smelling them so that they don't end up with ink on their faces. Inevitably I always have at least one kid leave with an inked up face. This week I was doing spider stamps with a grape scented pad. I cracked up when I saw Lila's face after she smelled her stamp, it was the perfect spider kiss!