Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Dick Taylor Chocolate Factory Day 2

The next morning we got up by 7 so we could continue on our road trip. Kylie took this picture of the boys sleeping in their air beds. I am impressed that they were able to stay in them all night long. They did not look that comfortable to me.
One of our early stops was at the Medford Oregon Temple. We wanted to have the kids do baptisms at this Temple but it is a small Temple and only open for Baptisms on the weekend. That was disappointing but being able to stop and look at it was nice.
I was driving during this stretch and as soon as I saw the Welcome to California sign I had to stop se we could all get pictures. Home sweet Home! Although this part of California did not look at all like the California I grew up in. 


Alison had told me previously to look online to find things in the area we were going that looked fun and interesting for us to explore. I discovered a chocolate factory in Eureka that did tours and emailed Alison the information commenting that it sounded fun. She agreed and booked us a tour. We had a bit of time until our tour time so we walked the streets of Eureka. Bailey and Ryker found a fortune telling booth that they enjoyed looking at. They also found a mirror that distorts your shape that they could not stop laughing over. They were highly and easily amused!

I have mixed emotions about the chocolate factory tour. It was really informative and I loved seeing the process of chocolate being made and hearing how they do it. In imagining this chocolate tour I had visions of a Willy Wonka type factory with lots of delicious chocolate and candy to sample. It turns out that this factory does special dark chocolate only and it is about 82% dark chocolate. Needless to say I did not enjoy the chocolate we were able to sample. It was pretty gross in my opinion, give me milk chocolate over this stuff any day. I did love all the information and so while the tasting was disappointing the tour was not.

roasted cocoa beans
shelled cocoa bean