Saturday, June 24, 2017

Dairy Days Parade


Friday was the annual Meridian Dairy Days Parade. Kenedy was in it again with the Meridian High cheerleaders and Kefford, Avy, Rylee and I went to go watch her march in the parade. Ryker was at a teacher's quorum overnighter. This year the cheerleaders were also marching with the band and the dance team, before the parade they had a big picnic in the park where the cheer coach took pictures of the cheerleaders.
The first two pictures are of both JV and Variety squads.
Here is just the Varsity squad
and just the Seniors.
 While we were waiting for the parade to start I had the thought, and I think I might have voiced it out loud, that this was Kenedy's last year in the Dairy Days Parade. She has been in it marching with the cheerleaders since she was a freshman and it made me get a little teary eyed. I quickly erased the thought from my brain so that I wouldn't publicly make a fool of myself and was able to carry on with waiting for the parade to start. 
Before we left Avynlea was putting on sunscreen and then realized she had too much in her hand. I told her she could put the extra on my face and she had fun making little smiley faces with it on my face.

Kefford and I had a Ward Adult Social to go to that started at the same time as the parade. We told the girls that as soon as the cheerleaders passed by we would have to leave. Luckily for us they were pretty close to the start of the parade. It was fun to watch all the Warriors pass by with lots of Warrior Pride!
On the way home the girls had fun playing with a mustache sticker they were handed.