Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Crater Lake Day 1

Alison decided that she was going to start doing big trips with her Grandkids. She decided to start with her first four Grandkids, Kenedy, Bailey, Ryker and Mikayla and take them on a four day trip to tour Northern California, specifically the Redwoods. She invited me to come along and on Sunday night Ryker, Kenedy and I headed to the farm to stay the night there so that we were able to get an earlier start in the morning. 
We were able to leave by about 7:00 and I took a couple of pictures of us at the start of our trip.
Our first stop was Crater Lake, none of us have been there before, except for Alison I think,  and it was so beautiful. I have never seen a body of water so blue and it was the most beautiful blue I have ever seen. I could not get enough of the amazing scenery.
Ryker and Bailey made me a little nervous with their adventurous exploring, they were climbing over rocks and hanging out at the cliff edge. 
We explored and walked around this area for a while and then we got back in the car to find another section to explore. It would have been fun to have gone down to the bottom to see the lake but it was closed off for another couple of weeks.