Sunday, June 18, 2017

Cherry Parade

On Saturday Kefford took the kids to Emmett to help out with the cherry festival parade. Kenedy stayed home because she had to work that evening and I stayed home because I didn't want to hang out in Emmett for 5 hours with nothing to do. I was able to get stuff done at home and enjoy the quiet.
I did stop in at Kenedy's work to pick up some pizzas for sinner that night. I had a coupon to get the pizza for cheer which was nice. Kenedy works at Papa Murphy's pizza and she looked so cute in her uniform and Apron. It was fun to see her in her work environment and to chat with her for a little bit.

I had debated about going out to Emmett to watch the parade and had pretty much decided not to when Brit sent me a text asking if I were going to come. I went back and forth in my head and then decided just to head out there to watch and visit with Brit for a bit. All of our kids were on the float except for Hazel and it was nice to just relax and hang out. The parade people kept throwing candy to us I assume because of the baby but couldn't they see she was probably too young for their candy? Brit and I just collected it for ourselves, score!
Kefford was able to talk a tractor dealer into letting them use one of his tractors to pull the float. He drove the tractor with his little buddy Xander riding next to him. He said the crowds loved it when Xander would wave out the window to them. I videoed while Brit took pictures and I think we did a pretty good job.

Ryker is in the green shirt heading to the other side. I brought granola bars for my kids since I knew they hadn't eaten anything and I figured they were famished. Ryker was taking a granola bar to Rylee who was on the other side with Brielle and Qiana. Avynlea is in the pick shirt along with Tayvia and sitting next to her in the blue rainbow shirt is her friend Katie Myers who was able to come along with her for the day. Asher  is in front of the Free Exams sign wearing a mask and gloves. 
The kids had a lot of fun being in the parade but were so tired and hungry after it was done. I took them home with me right after to eat pizza and Kefford was able to get home shortly thereafter.

Afterwards I took some selfies with Kefford and Rylee while we were cuddling on the couch.