Sunday, June 11, 2017

Birthday Boy

I made Rylee come with me to run an errand and she was not thrilled with the idea, but she brought her Kindle and relaxed in the front seat and made do, it was a quick errand.
June 9th was Kefford's 41 birthday. I made him steak and onion rings for dinner. Kenedy had to work that night and so we ate dinner and had cake and ice-cream without her. I had plans to make a german chocolate cake for his birthday but we had so many cup cakes left over from the party Kenedy threw her friend that we decided not to make more cake and have it all go to waste. Avy saw a life hack on pinterest about using a crayon in place of a birthday candle. She really wanted to try it out so we did on a paper towel. Sure enough it did what we expected it to do, it lit on fire just fine and then dripped wax everywhere. Fun to try but most likely will not be using this particular life hack in the future.

Once Kenedy got home she heated up the dinner we saved for her and then we all gave Kefford his gifts.
Movie theater candy...
new shirts, it said on the tag that they kept you from being smelly or something along those lines and so Kefford being Kefford....
had Rylee smell his armpits to see if he was smelly, gross.
Kefford has a love affair with Nike shoes and he was really excited to get his new pair. They are a really good looking shoe!
Cute little Rylee
I snapped a picture of Kenedy eating her dinner
I had the kids gather around their Dad so that I could get a picture of the 5 of them and in true Peterson fashion they made the cooperation difficult

I never give up and eventually I get what I want!
5 things I love about Kefford

1)Heis a great Dad and all of our kids love him and look up to him. I have heard all of the girls say at some time or another that they want to marry someone just like him and I think that is awesome. He has a great bond with all of his kids and they all love to hang out with him and he is always good to let them tag along on his adventures.

2)He is a hard worker and puts everything he has into what he is doing, his work ethics are beyond amazing and I am glad that he does work so hard for our family.

3)Kefford also has a strong testimony of this Gospel and I love how hard he fulfills his church callings. Whether it is a primary teacher or a member of the Bishopric or High Council he embraces and gives it his all. I love the example he is for our kids and know that some of their testimonies come from watching their Dad live the Gospel.

4)Kefford is funny and I love his sense of humor. He likes to laugh and it helps me to find the funny side in things and want to try to be more upbeat like him.

5)Kefford has surprised me many times with trips and presents and I love it. Their have been times where we tell each other we are not going to do gifts only to have him surprise me with something that I have been wanting. I like feeling special and loved. He is also good at letting me have my yearly trip home to spend time with my Mom and Sisters, I know it is hard having to cover both Mom and Dad rolls and I really appreciate him letting me take the time away to be with my family.


The next day we had Mikell kids over and James found the paper mache mask of Andrew Ryker has in his rom. He came down wearing it and looked so funny.