Monday, January 19, 2009

Kenedy plays piano

Kenedy had a piano recital on December 20th that I forgot to write about. She has been taking piano lessons for a year and a half now and in the fall started with a new teacher. We like this teacher better and I feel that she is really improving on her skills. I think that if she were better about practicing she could really be great but for now I am happy that she is doing it without a whole lot of complaining. Actually I don't remember the last time she has complained about practicing so that's a good thing!
Her piano recital started at 6:30 and it was a crazy day. I had gotten back from Australia the night before (really late) and got my kids back that morning at about 10:oo. I then had to start unpacking the kids things and in between catch up on all that they have been doing while we were gone. Later that day Kenedy and I started making brownies so that we could give friends and neighbor some treats. I also needed to have a treat prepared to take to the recital. Well when it was time for us to go the brownies were not cooled and so I grabbed a plate of treats my neighbor had dropped off and used those as my contribution. Sneaky, maybe, but I call it using my resources and I told anybody who cared that they were not my own!
Kenedy had forgotten her piano book in Nyssa and after making many frantic calls to friends trying to locate a book we could borrow, I called Alison and had her email the music that Kenedy needed, of course then our computer had trouble printing. Kenedy was extremely panicked about not having her music especially when I told her she might have to do it by memory. I suggested she might want to say a prayer for helping her memory or to get the music which she did. She started practicing her song while Kefford tried to print. I finally told them both that it was too late we had to go without but I knew that she could do it. Well as we were pulling out Kefford saved the day by running the music he finally got printed out to us!
Kenedy played the song "The Handbell Choir" and she did fantastic. I knew she would have been able to do it without the music and secretly I was glad that we couldn't get it, but then we did get it in time and she felt better about having it.