Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Feeling Wicked!

I have really been slacking with my Australia postings and I would like to take the time right now to clear the air. For the past week and a half I have been working on getting my pictures and vacation logs organized into a book which once I have completed will be published into a really cool book that I can have displayed for everyone to see. So with working on this book I have become really burnt out because although it is fun to be doing it, it is time consuming and I am not in the mood to rehash everything again for the sake of my blog. Hopefully I will get it done soon and I will come to the point where it will be great for me to start posting again but for now it will have to wait.
Having said that, on the day that we flew back into LA I had a really fun night out with my sister that desperately needs to be shared!
So this is my little sister Heather. She is 18 months younger then me and we grew up really close. Many of my fondest childhood memories are with her. She was my co-conspirator in crime but because I was the loud one she never seemed to get caught, I always got blamed for everything! Anyway we were really close and remain so to this day. So when she found out that I was going to be in California for two days visiting she bought tickets for my birthday to take me to see this..
(Top Model really needs to discover this modeling talent!!) the Broadway Musical "Wicked"! The only things I have heard about the musical was that it was about the witches from Oz, that it is based on a book but do not read the book because it is very naughty (don't worry I never have) , and that people are OBSESSED with it. I thought well it must be OK for that many people to see it over and over again but really how great could it be. So while I was looking forward to this night out with my sister and while I was pretty excited to see the musical my expectations were not too high.
After waiting for Heather to get home for work we started getting ready. I had Ashleigh do my eye make-up because she is talented like that and I got dressed in my fancy clothes. I had to borrow a jacket from Heather because it being summer and all in Australia I did not have one. I thought I would be OK without but as Heather put it."it's freakin' LA, you need a jacket", so I took hers and I am glad I did because it was pretty cold. We finally got out the door and me being famished as usual I had her go through a drive through to get some food. I paid for our meal because I didn't want her to think she could take advantage of me on our date because now she is not paying for everything. Ha Ha Ha, I know I am sooo funny!
We arrived at the theater and settled into our seats to watch the show.

You guys, the show was unbelievable! I LOVED it and am now recommending it to all of you. If you ever have the opportunity to see this show, even if you have to drive a few hours, then do it! You will not be sorry. It was so different then what I had expected and then ending was such a surprise. You think you might know all there is to know about "The Wizard of Oz" but trust me this will have you rooting for the ones you never thought to root for. I loved the music and have since bought a CD of the soundtrack plus I bought a book all about the making of the musical. It is filled with insiders knowledge and behind the scenes trickery. My one disappointment is that since the show has now left LA I will probably never have the chance to see it again. Wouldn't it be cool if it came to Boise? I would take Kefford, Kenedy and Ryker to see it, cause they too would love it!

Thanks Heather for a fun girls night out, let's do it again sometime!