Friday, January 30, 2009

busy lunch day

So at the beginning of the school year the school held its annual cookie dough fundraiser sale. The top seller of each grade gets to go on a limo ride to McDonald's. Kenedy has been the winner the past two years and this year we combined their orders and let Ryker take the credit so that he could have his turn in the Limo. This boy has been so excited and has been anxiously waiting this day for a long time. I went to the school to take some pictures before they left for their little trip.
The owner of the Limo is that weird guy in the middle. His business is called Rod's Limos and he has delusions of being Rod Stewart.
It looks like in this picture Ryker is staring at Rod trying to figure him out. Good luck with that one buddy. Here is Ryker in the limo ready to go. They got to have the principal ride with them and they all thought that was pretty cool. After they got back I asked Ryker how it was and he said he had a lot of fun. He said they had to drive around in three circles so that the kids would be hungry before they went to McDonald's. According to Ryker he was already hungry and driving around made him starving!
While Ryker was busy on his Limo ride I got to have lunch with Kenedy at her third grade "Soup-er bowl" party. Everyone contributed food to make hoagies, have soup and juice. It was fun hanging out with her and I am glad I did. She was really mad at me this morning because I wouldn't sign her homework sheet because I needed to see her homework done before it got signed. We really need to get this homework business worked out. Anyway we had fun and I enjoyed being in third grade again. Ummm this soup tastes good!