Sunday, March 31, 2024

Sister Peterson Week 4

In Sistrict We Trust

Heyyy everyone!!!


I love you all!
We are officially a full sistrict now! Our only 2 elders (Perez and Gaynor) got moved to another district for a couple reasons. So basically we scared them off. Just kidding, but we miss them very much. So we now have a sister district leader and that is the one and only Sister Hammer! She is amazing and is already doing so many good things for us. 

This week went well. I feel like I am getting out of the hard adjustment phase and I am just enjoying my time here. And no matter what anyone tells you the food is really not that bad. Its not good, but its not bad.The best things are by far the donuts and the chocolate creamies! YUM

Classes in Japanese are actually going pretty well. Our teachers are patient with us thank goodness and do everything they can to help us understand. Charades, pictionary, videos, etc. They are pretty creative! Amongst other things I now know how to bear my testimony which is so cool. And tell you my birthday!! It is weird though because for some things it makes sense in my head but when I put it to use it does not come out right. I just gotta keep practicing! And praying!
 
I took on the challenge to read the amazing Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar so ha uh pray for me. I have tabbed the most important to learn at this moment given to me by my teacher. It is a lot. A whole lot. (Picture below)

In my personal studies I have been mostly in the Book of Mormon but I ventured out to the good ol New Testament and found an AMAZING scripture. Even taped it up on my wall. 
It is Romans 8:18. 
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." 
How Beautiful. Read that a couple times and let it sink in. All the hard work we put forth will be rewarded. It may not seem like it right away, but we go through hard things for a reason!

ALSO there is a Japanese teacher here and a girl from his mission has a sister that is passing away soon.. so a couple Japanese districts all got together and we filmed a video singing love at home in Japanese because it is her favorite church song. The spirit was SO STRONG! I will attach a voice recording I took! Give it a listen! 

I love all of you and so does Jesus. So much that he SACRIFICED HIS LIFE FOR YOU. I hope you all have an amazing easter and party it up for me andddd eat lots of candyyyyy. But dont forget the reason for the season ;) I know that might be a Christmas phrase I think but it applies for right now! 

<3 Peterson Shimai (Sister Peterson)

OH! I also have 2 tips for you that I have learned while here at the MTC
1. Dont drop your bar of soap in the showers because it will slide into another persons shower stall and then it gets very awkward trying to get it back.
2. Make sure the load of whites are YOUR load of whites before you throw them in the dryer.  

Pictures below...
-My tabs for Japanese Grammer bleck
-The best companion duo aka Sister Merrill and I
- learning my favorite scripture in Japanese!
-RIP Elder Perez
-bus ride to the temple!!
- A very fitting picture of Jesus!

ENJOY