Thursday, March 21, 2024

Oregon Coast; Saying Goodbye

 Thursday morning we planned on traveling back home, we had a good week visiting Mark and Debbie but were ready to go home. We were not in a rush to leave so that morning I joined Kefford and Mark on their morning walk and we walked around Winchester Bay for a couple of hours. 

We saw this memorial which I really liked, it tugged at my patriotic heart strings and I wanted a picture so I could remember it.


There was a pier out into the ocean that looked broken and unusable at the end but I asked Mark if we could walk down the pier. I wasn't't sure if we would be able to but when we went over to it we saw that it was not closed off and we were able to walk down it. The end of the pair had a small fence around it but we could see where the pier used to go out to and I took a picture of the wood sticking up out of the ocean, I liked the seagull sitting on one post looking like Scuttle.

I took a picture of Mark and Debbies house and then Mark took some pictures of us in front posing with their wood carving captain. They bought the carving at the same place the crab came from, the chain saw carving competition. The crab won first place and if I remember right this boat captain won second or third, I cannot remember which.



We had a great week visiting the coast and Mark and Debbie and would be happy to go back any time.