Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Goodbye Avynlea

 On Wednesday March 13th Avynlea flew out tented the Provo MTC for 8 weeks of Japanese learning and Gospel studying. Her flight was at 6am and so we had to get up really early to take her to the MTC. Kefford got a picture of Rylee and I hugging her goodbye which was awesome, I didn't think to get a picture of him and Ryker hugging her goodbye, oops. It was an emotional goodbye and of course Rylee and I and Avynlea were in tears. I am so excited for her and know she will have really amazing experiences and will grow so much in the gospel but I will miss her so much.

Rylee and Avynlea                                                          Avynlea and Elizabeth
After the goodbyes she joined the security line and we watched her until we couldn't see her anymore, she is in the blue backpack.
Avynlea wasn't due to check min at the MTC until 1:00 so Tyler picked her up from the airport and brought her home to spend some time with him and Kenedy. After a while Ty had to say goodbye and leave for school and Kenedy took Avynlea to see Emily at school. It was a surprise for Emily and it made her so happy to be able to see Avy before she left. I spent the morning doing what I did the day Ryker left which was deep clean the missionaries room. A lot was left out from packing and it gave me something to do. After a while I was down in the kitchen putting stuff away and I looked at the clock and it said 12:55, I immediately started crying and then got on my phone to track Kenedy taking Avynlea to the MTC. It was sad to see her take her and then leave but I am glad Kenedy was able to do it. She texted me after she got home to tell me how awful it was dropping her off and she did not want to ever do that again. She said that a missionary was waiting for Avynlea and as soon as she got out of the car Avynlea hugged Kenedy and then was whisked away. Kenedy said she started crying watching her walk away and then had to get in her car and leave. 
Ty and Avy                                               Kenedy and Avynlea

Emily, Avy and Kenedy

Rylee has not been eating the sandwiches I have been packing her and after I called her out on it she sent me a picture of her eating her sandwich to show me she was doing it.
Kenedy got 2 tickets to a Utah Jazz Basketball game from her school, Tyler wasn't able to go with her so she invited Gaby. They had a lot of fun and enjoyed being at the game.

For mutual that night the class 14 joined with class 16 to paint Book of Mormon covers. Rylee's turned out really pretty and I had to get a picture of her with it because she did such a good job.