Monday, March 11, 2024

Family Game Night

 Yardley told Avynlea that when she was on her mission in Mexico her Mom had friends and family write letters to her and she sent them to her for Christmas. Avynlea really liked that idea and told me I should do that for her. One day while I was at the Post Office I asked about international shipping and I learned that to ship a box about the size of a large shoe box started at $80. I didn't really want to spend that money shipping a bunch of letters so I decided to secretly gather letters from friends and Family and send them with her when she left for the MTC. I spent about a month before she left getting letters and got a pretty good amount,  I didn't count them but it was a good stack. My intention was to give them to her while at the airport and have her stick them in her carry on but as she was packing I saw that she was not going to have room for them. She was maxed out on space and had to leave some things at home for me to ship to her. My plans changed and I decided to send them in the St Patricks Day box I was mailing her. 

Ryker came home for the week because he was on Spring Break and it was fun to have him around. He went to the store with me to find green things to stick in the St Patricks Day box for Avynlea and he had me buy a lime to put in there from him. On Monday night we played Settlers of Catan. It is a 4 person game and Rylee did not want to play so we started the game without her. Shortly into the game I remembered I had book club that night so Rylee had to replace me in the game while I got on the google chat call with my Mom and Sisters. After book club I took my place back in the game and within 10 minutes of joining back in Ryker won the game. I missed out on most of the play time but its ok, I am glad the rest of them were able to have fun playing.
After game time Kefford spent some time showing Ryker and Rylee and sometimes Avynlea funny reels on his phone. I love my family and love any time we can have more of our kids here at home.