Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Oregon Coast; Sand Duning

 On Wednesday when I got up Kefford and Mark had left on a walk so I went on a walk by myself, Rylee was still sleeping. I wanted to walk down to the beach and walk along the shore so I ventured off to go find the ocean.  

I love the beach and I loved walking along the shore, there were a lot of broken shells but I did find one large shell completely intact. I forgot to take a picture of it but I did keep it and carry it will me for the rest of my walk. I found a heart shaped piece of driftwood that I did take a picture of. I love finding random hearts in nature.

After walking for a couple of hours I got a phone call from Kefford asking where I was, they were on there way to pick me up so I could go with them to watch the counting of the salmon.

The counting of the salmon was interesting but not a super big deal. They have tanks where the baby fish are living and they catch them in the net weigh them before putting them in a separate section to keep the counted and the uncounted separate. They total up the weight when they are done and then from that they are able to know how many they have. We watched that for a little bit and then we fed some of the fish in their tanks and then we went inside to see where they breed the fish and grow them from the egg stage. We did not spend too long at the fish hatchery which was good. On our way back from the hatchery we saw a diner that was advertising pie. I did not have breakfast and it was lunchtime and pie sounded so good so when we got back to the house I asked if anyone wanted to go get some pie. Everyone was game so we went and got lunch and pie at the diner. I got a peanut butter chocolate pie and it was good but nothing that I am going to be dreaming about going back and eating.




After we ate Kefford wanted to rent a side by side and take Rylee to the sand dunes. While we were at the shop to rent the side by side Rylee found their pet kitty and had fun cuddling him for a little bit.
Kefford and Rylee went to the sad dunes while I stayed back at the house and chilled. They had a lot of fun and since Rylee was underage she could only be a passenger which she was one with. Kefford had her take the wheel for a minute but it freaked her out and she did not last long.


I wanted to go see the Lighthouse so after they did the sand dunes the three of us along with Mark, Debbie and Bouda (their dog) walked to the Lighthouse. We looked in the gift shop and looked at the beautiful view but we did not tour the lighthouse, I really wanted to but nobody else did. It was half an hour until the nest tour and the tour lasted about a half an hour and I did not want to make everyone wait that long for me so I opted out. Next time we visit them we will have to take the tour, and if nobody else wants to I will go on my own.