Monday, March 18, 2024

Oregon Coast; Crater Lake

 For Spring Break Kefford, Rylee and I decided to go visit Uncle Mark and Aunt Debbie at their Oregon Coast House. We have not been there but Kefford has been wanting to go and visit them so we figured Spring Break was the best time to do it. It was a long drive so we go tup early and took off. The nice thing about the drive other then Kefford driving and me being the passenger princess was the scenery was beautiful. Kefford had me get a couple of pictures out the window as we drove along. 


Kefford really wanted to take a detour and stop at Crater Lake, he has never been and it was only an hour out of our way. Once we arrived we all agreed that is was worth the extra drive time. Crater Lake is the most beautiful blue and is so pretty and scenic. There was still quite a bit of snow and we had to climb up it in order to see the lake. I was wearing my slip on slides and on the way down I stepped out of the slide and had to wobble around trying to get it back on. 
Kefford
Rylee
Elizabeth and Rylee
and
Kefford and Elizabeth
It was so bright that I could not open my eyes all the way for the pictures. I really tried hard but the best I could do was one squinty open and the other shut.
it seriously is such a beautiful lake with how blue it is and the mountains, pine trees and snow all around. I love that we were able to stop to check it out.


We found a little area where someone dug a "room" and included a "bench" in the snow. We had Rylee go in and sit on the "bench" and then Kefford wanted her to stand by the snow that was piled on the side of the road, it was so high.
Mark and Debbie have a house in Winchester Bay, it is a cute little fishing town with about 300 people in it. It is also a big duneing town and in the on season they have upwards of 40,00 people coming to play on the sand dunes. We came during the off season and when we arrived Mark and Debbie had us get in their pickup so they could show us around. 


I loved seeing the beach and even though it is windy and cold on the Oregon Coast I still l love being at the beach. I love the smell and the sound and it is one of my happy places. 


For dinner Debbie made us fried Cod and tater tots with a yummy salad. I am not a huge lover of eating seafood but the fish was Cod which is a white fish and not super fishy and it was deep fried so that helped a lot with hiding the taste. I ate it and enjoyed not only the meal but the fact that I did not have to cook the dinner, I definitely loved that part. Their house is not super huge and only has two bedrooms. The bedroom we were in had two queen beds with bunks above them. It was pretty spacious and Kefford and I took one Queen and Rylee took the other.