Saturday, March 23, 2024

Sister Peterson Week 3

Hey Everyone!!!

I am basically fluent!
Just kidding, I am very very far from fluent. We started immersion yesterday so all my classes are in 100% Japanese. Yep, our teachers are already real good at charades and we even played some word games I swear I played in preschool. So fun, I am just trusting in the Lord and working my hardest because that is all I can do. WOOP

On Saint Patrick's day we got a special treat!!! Steven Sharp Nelson (Cello guy from Piano Guys) came and talked to us and performed. Everyone went wild, you would have thought 1 Direction walked in ready for a reunion. It was so good though and he brought up so many cool things to think about. 

The beginning of this week was so nice and sunny so we held most of our classes outside. Unfortunately my scalp got burnt though so if anybody knows good sunscreen that will not make my hair greasy... send it my way!!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone that wrote me a letter and gave to my mom to give to me. Seeing how many people wrote to me made me cry!! I have been reading a couple here and there so maybe on a random day just imagine me reading your letter because I probably am! ;) 

Devotional Tuesday was also amazing! President Johnson (General President over Relief Society (the women's program in our church)) talked to us and also said so many amazing things. One thing she said that stuck out to me was that we can still feel joy when we are going through a hard time. Think about that. Look for the sweet things throughout your day and you will live happier. That is what I have been trying to do and it has been helping me. Slowly but surely!

There are times where I think to myself what am I doing?!? I have thought about how bizarre missions seem to other people not in the church because what. I am 19 years old and about to move across the world for a year and a half for my church. BUT WAIT. That is wrong. I am not doing this for my churchhhh, I am doing this for my Savior and His children. The joy that Jesus Christ and His gospel has brought me is enough to motivate me to share it with people. I am so excited and happy to be doing His work and to be part of His plan. Dont forget you can be missionaries too! 

I love you all more than you know and miss you so much. 
Dont forget God loves you too! You are His child!!

<3 Peterson Shimai :)

P.s everyone is getting sick but it hasn't hit me yet... PRAY FOR MEEEE

Pictures!!!
-Joy D Jones!!!
-THE Steven Sharp Nelson
-Our lovely drawer
-might be back into my cereal kick, we will see
-went to the temple today with my amazing district!!