Saturday, March 16, 2024

Happy 17th Birthday Rylee!

An instagram account I follow does reading charts every year and I printed off the one she made for 2023 and kept track of all the books I read. I just wanted to see how many I read in a year and I read over 100 books, I ran out of books to write the titles on and would write them on other spaces on the chart but then gave up on that so I know I read over 100 but am not sure how many after that. I had the paper up in m y craft nook and was going to save it but then I thought why and what would I do with it and decided to take a picture and then I threw it away. 

Rylee turned 17 on March 16th and my baby is not a bay anymore. I can't help thinking that we only have her here at home for about another year and a half and it makes me sad. I love having Rylee around and will miss her when she grows up and moves out.
The Young Women ut a yard sign up for her birthday which I thought was fun. Rylee did not like it because it brought unwanted attention to her but I would not let her take it down and made her take a picture with it. 
Her Birthday was on a Saturday and it was Stake Conference weekend with the adult session being that night and Kefford having a meeting at 4:00 he had to be at so our schedule was a little cramped. We decided to go out for lunch for Rylee's birthday instead of dinner and she chose Red Robin...yummmmmmm. 

After a yummy birthday lunch Rylee opened up her presents, she received... money from Grandma bonnie, a new brush, hair bows, a Lost Boys t-shirt, new jeans, a wallet, a tiny deck of Uno playing cards, and make up. Avynlea also had me wrap up and give Rylee her pair of pants that Rylee likes to borrow with the understanding she has to give them back when Avynlea gets home. Rylee liked all of her gifts and I told her we could also redo her room for her birthday.
For her Birthday cake Rylee picked a chocolate cake from Costco and she told me she wanted me to put sprinkles on it so I did.

I made a collage of pictures to put on Instagram for Rylee's birthday and I had fun going back and looking at pictures of the two of us. 
After we ate cake Ryker took Rylee to the golf course to go golfing. I wouldn't think she would have liked playing Golf but she had fun and I think they enjoyed being together.

Rylee's Favorites:
  1. Dinner: spaghetti and meatballs
  2. Dessert: chocolate cake - no frosting
  3. Candy: Gummy Worms
  4. Color: Pink
  5. Scripture Story: Alma the younger being forgiven
  6. Primary Song: A Child's Prayer 
  7. Radio Song: Lovely Darling - Benson Boone
  8. Book: Percy Jackson Series
  9. Movie: Emma (2020 version)
  10. TV Show: Phineas and Ferb
  11. Thing to do: Lacrosse
  12. Place to go: Beach
  13. School Subject: History
  14. Store: Target
  15. Drink: Lemonade
5 things I love about Rylee

1. I love Rylee's laugh. Her laugh is one of my favorites and it makes me feel joy every time I witness her laughing. She laughs with so much joy and it seriously is infectious. I love when she is watching a favorite cartoon or something that delights her because you can see the delight written all over her face. She exudes joy and I love that about her.

2. Rylee has a strong testimony of the Gospel and I admire her so much with her knowledge and grasp of Gospel topics. She is an active participant in Seminary and her Young Women class and I often get feedback from her teachers saying how much they appreciate her participation in class. Rylee is class president for her class and when we were told that she was wanted for that position I couldn't think of anyone better to lead. Rylee is a natural leader, is a good friend, is kind and inclusive and has a strong testimony she is perfect for the job and already has done so much good and is such a good example.

3. I love watching Rylee play Lacrosse. She has a natural ability and has improved so much since last year. She loves the sport and is always excited to play and participate. This year she has been playing the entire game and I love watching her defend and not be afraid to get in the action. She loves her teammates and has made some really good friends o the team which is a big plus. Lacrosse has been good fro Rylee and I am so glad she has found a sport she is good at and loves to play.

4. We have a new Library closer to us and I love that Rylee loves to go to the Library. She goes to check out books but lately she has been going randomly to study and get school work done. I love that she loves being there and utilizes the space to help her get her school work done. I will always love that Rylee is a lover of reading and that we have that in common. 

5. Rylee does so well in school and I love that she just naturally works hard to get good grades. I never have to get after her to do her school work or to go to school. She might not like all of her classes but she likes getting good grades and works hard to keep her grades up. She is still enrolled in the associates degree program and has never complained about the harder classes she has to take. Most of her classes are college level class and she is able to keep up in the work and maintain good grades, she is so smart and I love it.