Saturday, February 1, 2020

TVCI Cheer Competition

Avynlea had to be at the cheer comp by 7:15, doors didn't open for spectators until 8 but I didn't want to go all the way back home only to have to turn around to come back. Plus I wanted to get a good seat so I stayed and waited outside the door starting the line for the spectators. Are and Diana stayed in line with me, it was cold but I was wrapped up in my blanket and had good friends to chat with so it wasn't bad. Carrie planned on staying and waiting with us but she had to go back home for items Hailey forgot. As the long line formed I was glad to be in the front of it because once we got in we had the pick of seats and were able to get some good ones all together. I was frustrated by the MHS cheer parents who arrived right as the comp started and even after it started and expected us to have seats for them. We were able to fit most people in but it was annoying.
Before the comp I wanted to get a picture of Carrie, Amy, Diana and I but didn't see how to do it without including the other Mom's that were sitting by us. The one in front I don't think I have ever had a conversation with before this and the one in the back right I have never seen before.
from left: Amy. Tara, Diana, Megan, Me and Carrie
I don't know the other two's names.
After that picture Diana mentioned we should take one with those of us wearing our hats. She digit in the perfect way and these three were the ones I wanted a picture with in the first place. I am so grateful for these three ladies who have become my friends. They have made this years cheer experience so much more fun and it has been nice having women to sit with at games and to have friends to laugh with. 

Avynlea's team performed in the show category and it was pretty exciting when it came time for them to perform. 
In the below pictures of them waiting to hit the mat Avynlea is the third from the left.

Avynlea was so fun to watch and she did such a great job. I absolutely loved watching her and she pretty much killed it. She hit every stunt and every move that she was supposed to hit. 
Her facial expressions were so cute and fun, she had the best ones!


Alison came to watch Avynlea perform and I was happy that she brought Ally with her to watch. They left after Avynlea performed but not before we found Avynlea to take some pictures with. 

I was pretty proud of the braid I did for Avynlea's hair that morning. I took a picture of her hair for my instagram hair page.
After the performance we had some waiting until awards and we used our time wisely



When it came time for awards I knew what place they were going to get because they were the only JV team there. I also assumed that Avynlea and Emma D. would be the ones to go up to get the award because they are the team co-captains. The beginning of the season started with 4 co-captains but one quit and then the other had an injury and was out of the competition, so we were left with two, the best two in my opinion ;)
I had my video rolling so that when it was announced that the first place award for JV show went to MHS I was ready and got it all on film. 
Somehow the awards people screwed something up somewhere and JV was given another first place show award. I wasn't prepared for that one since we had already received our award but it was fun to watch them run up again to get another award. Avynlea said when she got up there they tried explaining that they already got the award but the guys said take it and apologizing for screwing something up. 
Back Row: Coach Bailey, Brooke, Alyssa, Calleigh, Mairen, Maddie, Delaney, Marina and Coach Nicole
Middle Row: Hailey, Emma, Olivia, Tessa and Alexia
Front Row: Avynlea, Dreya, Hannah and Emma D
Co-Captains Avynlea and Emma D

Cheer Besties Avynlea, Hailey and Dreya