Saturday, February 22, 2020

Two: ThreeO Cheer Competition

I love that Kara used this cool picture of Avynlea in her Pyramid to invite others to come support our girls at their competition on Instagram.

Meridian High hosted the Two: ThreeO Cheer competition this year and so us cheer Moms had to put in a lot of work. We had 32 teams sign up to come and compete and to put it in perspective for us at the TVCI Competition there were 12 teams. We did concessions and had Vendors come in, we had Dutch Bros bring in their truck and I asked my friend Michelle if she wanted to bring their Kettle Korn truck which she did. It was such a busy and long day, I have never been to a cheer competition that lasted this long. It started at 8, obviously we were there much earlier doing setup, and it Awards were done close to 5, again we stayed later cleaning up and taking stuff down. It was such a busy day but I was happy to be there to support my cheerleader and I was so grateful my Cheer Mom Besties were there to spend the day with and make it more fun. 
Carrie, Amy, Diana and I worked the first shift in the concessions and it wasn't too busy, I think it was too early for people to really be thinking about food and a lot of people walked in with Dutch Bro's so that was good business.
Carrie, Elizabeth, Amy and Diana
Cheer Mom Besties
Towards the end of the competition I was thinking that I didn't take too many pictures and that was ok. I took a couple during Avynlea's performance but not too many. So I was thinking this was going to be a short post picture wise but then the end of the Competition came and I took lots of pictures at that point and then Avynlea airdropped me some pictures she took and then I got pictures Kara took and posted on Instagram so this short low on picture post is now a long high on picture post. :)

J/V only had one routine in the Competition which was in the Show category and they did awesome! Last time they had some falls but this time every stunt stayed up and these girls looked so good, I was pretty proud and they were so much fun to watch!


Avynlea did an amazing job but after the performance was really down on herself. She has been working for the past 9 months on getting her round off back hand spring and really wanted to throw it in competition. She has been practicing and working on it and has it but does not have the mental confidence and just can't do it without one of her coaches standing by her. She decided that she wasn't going to do it at the last competition and made the goal to throw it in this one. The week before she had a really bad week with her tumbling and kept messing it up. She got way too into her head and just couldn't get it. She has been praying for it and Kefford gave her a blessing the night before Comp that she would be able to do it but in the end she was just too scared and decided during their warm up not to do it. So even though she did everything perfect in her routine she was really upset with herself that she couldn't do the Back Hand Spring. I could see her sitting up in the stands after her routine crying with sweet Natalie's arm around her giving her comfort. When she finally came over to where us Mom's were sitting I put my arm around her and just gave her encouragement. She has made a new goal to have it for Tryouts and I know she can do it. She has it, she has done it so many times she just has to believe in her self and break the wall down of being scared.
We took another picture of us Mom's and this time we had Dreya's Mom, Griselda, with us. I love that our kids are such good friends and that us Mom's are also becoming such good friends!

These are the pictures Avynlea sent me. When Avynlea made the team they were given a list of cheer items we had to buy and then a very short list of additional items they had the option to get if they wanted to. Avynlea wanted the Backpack, sports bra and a hoodie off the optional list. One of the other items was a baseball tee which some girls got but Avynlea did not. About a month ago Avynlea was given a baseball tee which we did not pay for or order. I thought it was a mistake and that is belonged to someone else but it has Avynlea's name on it and her graduation year. So weird. Hailey got one also that she didn't order. I don't know where the mistake happened but the girls are happy for it and love wearing it. Dreya has one also which I believe she did order and pay for and so the three girls like wearing them together. 
I did all three of their braids that morning and thought I did a pretty good job. In addition to their braids I also did two other girls braids, Alexa's and Alyssa's. I like braiding and I like that I could help out so many of the girls.

Kara's pictures taken off of Instagram


During awards J/V won first place in their category, it wasn't a surprise because once again they were the only J/V team competing. I don't know what happened to all of the other teams, it's a little frustrating because while it is fun to win first it would have been nice to see some competition and where they stacked up. They had definitely improved from their first showing so in the competition against themselves they were winners!

Avynlea, Hannah, Hailey and Dreya

Co-Captains Avynlea and Emma D (Pam)

Avynlea, Hailey and Dreya

Avynlea's stunt group
Hailey, Maddie, Emma D and Avynlea

Saturday Tumbling Besties!
Natalie, Dreya, Landon, Hailey, Avynlea and Paige

Me and my cheerleader
I sure do love her!!