Sunday, February 2, 2020

Happy 15th Birthday Avynlea!

Happy Birthday Avynlea!! 15 years!!!
Avynlea's birthday was a little different and after the fact I was really glad that she did have a friends birthday party the night before. Her birthday fell on a Fast Sunday which is not a fun way to celebrate. We have church at 9:00 in the morning and after church we puttered around and most everyone, including Avynlea, took naps. Avynlea picked pork chops, funeral potatoes, rolls and individual jello bowls for her birthday dinner. I had to wake her up from her nap so we could eat dinner and she was a bit lethargic and not her usual peppy self for the rest of the night. I belatedly realized that her napping was not a good idea. Oh well.
After dinner we let Avynlea open her presents and she got black Nike Socks, chapstick, a big Hairspray and a mini Hairspray, Calico Critter baby Mouse triplets and play Kitchen set, her Addidas Joggers that weren't going to come in until later that week, 
I love that whenever Avynlea gets a new Calico Critters item she pulls out all of her stuff and sets it all up. She does it with Rylee and they don't play with them they just set them up and look at them. It's kind of fun.
It was a pretty casual night and with it being such a low key day for Avynlea I was happy that we were able to let her celebrate with her friends the night before.
Avynlea's Favorites:
  1. Food: Rice
  2. Dessert: Ice Cream
  3. Candy: Cotton Candy
  4. Color: Pastels
  5. Book: Shopaholic Series
  6. TV Show: The Office
  7. Radio Song: all of them
  8. Church Song: The Spirit of God
  9. Scripture Story: Abinidi
  10. Friend: Sadie Niblett
  11. Thing to do: Cheer
  12. Place to be: Home
  13. Toy: Calico Critters
  14. Princess: Belle
  15. Hobbies: Cheer, ukulele, piano
5 Reasons I Love Avynlea
  1. Avynlea earned her Personal Progress award this year and decided that she really wanted to earn her Honor Bee while she still could. She didn't have much time left in the year but she set this goal and was determined to get it. She was able to earn all of her service hours and is almost done with reading the Book of Mormon and once she has that she is done. I am so impressed with her desire to get this done and how hard she has worked to meet her goal
  2. Avynlea has such a strong testimony of the Gospel. She has high standards for herself and never vary's from what she knows is right. Avynlea reads her scriptures, writes in her journal and says her prayers every night and is such a good example for the rest of us. She is a good example to her friends in the church and out and is never afraid to talk about her beliefs or stand up for what is right. I love this about her.
  3. I love that Avynlea is willing and wanting to talk to me about things. She confides in me and tells me about the things important to her and will tell me about the things that are bothering her. If there is drama with friends she will tell me about it and ask for my advice. I love that during half time at games that she cheers at she will come and sit by me and chat with me. Avynlea likes to go to the store with me and she is a fun buddy to have help with the shopping. She is one of my best friends. 
  4. I love watching Avynlea cheer and I love her love and passion for the sport. She loves being a flyer and is always excited to learn new and harder stunts and mastering them. She has really impressed me with the leadership skills she has shown this year by being a Captain on her team and despite being a Freshman was able to find her voice and be a good and kind leader to all of the girls, even the older ones, on her team. She has been working all year on her round off back hand spring and hopes to have it mastered so that she can perform it in the routine at her next competition. 
  5. I love that Avynlea is such a kind and forgiving person. She doesn't let irritating people bother her too much and if they are a bother she quickly gets over it and can still be friendly and kind. I absolutely love this quality in her and love that she is able to let things roll off her back. She is such a beautiful and loving Child of God.