Saturday, February 29, 2020

Tayvia's Baptism


I got these text messages from Brit and reading through them I seem pretty calm and ok with speaking at my sweet nieces baptism. But I was really shaking my head and saying "noooooo, why meeeee??" I do not enjoy public speaking and I especially did not want to public speak in front of Kefford's family, it is just too intimidating. But I said yes and I had to do it and I found a really great talk idea using a Rainbow and the colors of the Rainbow to illustrate the different aspects of Baptism. I made a Rainbow out of poster board and had the pictures and sayings that I was going to use cut out and ready to go with tape already on them. I knew I was going to be nervous and didn't want to have to fumble with the tape. Turned out that was a smart preparation decision. I was so scared as I was up there talking my hands were shaking uncontrollably, I don't know if they have ever shook that bad, I was shaking like a wet chihuahua sitting in the shade it was so bad. I really thought I was going to knock down my display and in hindsight I should have had one of my girls up there helping by putting the pictures on the display for me. 
I got through it and I didn't die but it was difficult. I got nothing but compliments after and I was just glad to be done. Tayvia looked beautiful in her Baptism dress and I am glad we could be there to watch her become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ
Ryker was not at the Baptism because he went with his friends and the Verona Ward to Pine Top for their annual Mens camping trip. I am so glad that he is still included in this campout and I know he loves going and being with his friends whom he doesn't see very often.