Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween Dance and Jack-O-Lanterns

I made a jack o Lantern cake in honor of Halloween and the pumpkin carving we were going to be doing. I was pretty proud of the face I made but need to find a "stem" for next year. 
I sent a note home with my dancers the week before to let the girls know they could come to dance dressed in their Halloween costumes. They looked so cute and we had a fun time dancing to Halloween music. I wanted to get a group picture and spent some time trying to get the girls to stand where I wanted them to. Presli, the butterfly, was super protective of her wings and absolutely would not sit or stand anywhere near the other girls. It was really making me laugh. I am really enjoying teaching this class this year, these girls are so cute and have been so fun. This is going to be a great year!
Back Row: Ella, Alana, Sofi, Elina and Brighton
Front Row: Kinley, Hadyn, Juliette, June and Presli

Monday night for Family Home Evening we carved our pumpkins. Kenedy was at cheer and Kefford was at the Barnyard so it was just me, Avynlea, Ryker and Rylee who carved our pumpkins after we ate dinner.
This year I did a Harry Potter themed pumpkin which was Avynlea's idea for me to do.
Ryker carved a spooky face
Avynlea did an Owl
And Rylee did a throwing up guts jack o lantern. 
I thought all of our pumpkins turned out really cute and i love how creative everyone was. Avynlea really wanted me to roast seeds so she spent some time cleaning a bunch out.

After Kenedy got home from cheer she picked out a pumpkin to carve. I had fun visiting with her while she got creative and carved Jack Skellington.
Our Jack-O-Lanterns all aglow on Halloween night.