Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Avynlea's Choir Concert

Tuesday night I went to Avynlea's Fall Choir Concert at Meridian Middle School. Now that she is a seventh grader she is in the Lovely Ladies Choir and I am pretty sure she likes it a lot better then the Sixth Grade Choir she was a part of last year. In 6th grade She was one of two Choir classes and her class was not liked as much as the other class so they did not get solo opportunities. The Lovely Ladies Choir consists of 7th and 8th grade classes and they all meet together for one period. 

I was early enough to the concert that I was able to get my pick of seats and so I sat in the very front row in the very dead center. I was pretty pleased with my seat choice and was excited to have a good  view of Avynlea. The Lovely Ladies were the first to sing and I watched for Avynlea as they took their places onto the raisers. Wouldn't you know that Avynlea ended up in the very front row right in the middle as well. Unfortunately because of our placements all I could see of Avynlea was her messy bun because she was right behind the piano. My perfect spot failed me! I had three little kids sitting to the left of me while their parents sat behind them. I asked the mom if I could trade places with her daughter and explained my dilemma, she was very accommodating and we made the switch. Thank heavens I finally could see Avynlea's face. When I asked the Mom if the kids next to me were hers I think she thought I didn't like how loud they were, which they were not bothering me at all, because she automatically said "He's autistic", referring to her young son. I quickly assured her that was not the case and when she found out why I was asking she seemed relieved. 

I enjoyed the concert and loved watching Avynlea perform, they all did great and it was done in an hour which is always appreciated.
 Pictures of me because I get bored and my kids are not around to take pictures of. Also I like my hair but I look really tired in these pictures.