Friday, October 20, 2017

Wienie Roast at The Barnyard

Yesterday I went to the farm with Kefford so he could get pumpkins, change the oil in the Expedition and so I could drive Kenedy's car back home. Kefford took it out to the farm about a week ago so his Dad could look at it for him and fix a few things that were wrong with it. While I was out there I was able to visit with Michelle, Whitney and Alison for a little bit. Whitney mentioned that she was taking her family to The Barnyard that night so Brit could take some family pictures for her and then they were going to hang out and play for a bit and cook HotDogs and Marshmallows over the fire. As she was telling me this I thought that sounds like a fun time for them and then moved on to thinking about other things. Later while I was at home the thought popped into my head that maybe I should take the kids that night and join the fun. My kids love to play with their cousins and I like to visit with the adults so it seemed like a win/win. I let Whitney and Brit know we were coming and Mikell decided to take her family out there as well, so it was going to be a good time.
Kefford wanted to stay home and put up blinds in our Living Room and Dining Room so he was out but everyone else thought it sounded like fun and decided they were in. Kenedy had cheer practice until 5:30 and Avynlea had Gymnastics until about 6:00 so I told Kenedy to pick up Avynlea after she was done wth cheer and then hurry home so that we could head out. 
As soon as we arrived the kids scattered to play with their cousins and although we only stayed for a little over an hour we had a great time. 
Avynlea and Kinsley
Kenedy at the campfire cooking herself some dinner.

 I got this picture of Ryker and Rylee getting marshmallows ready to cook. 
Kenedy and Hazel

As we were leaving Avynlea wanted to show off some of her gymnastics skills. This week she finally mastered bending back into a bridge and tried to demonstrate in the corn pit. The corn pit was not ideal for this particular demonstration and while she did not perform it perfectly she definitely gets points for trying. 
I loved this impromptu get together and am happy we took advantage of this last day of nicer weather to hang outside with family.