Sunday, October 29, 2017

4th Annual Peterson Halloween Party

I thought my invite to our 2017 Peterson Halloween Party was clever, simple and fun. I am pretty sure this will be a template for all future invites. Who wouldn't want to have a picture of lasts years party goers as the invite to hang on their fridge?
I asked everyone if they had a preference as to what they wanted to bring as far as food goes to the party and after getting responses from most everyone I made assignments and sent those out with the invites. 
Elizabeth:soup ( I made tortellini tomato basil and it was so good! I even got a compliment from Bob that it was surprisingly good. ha!)
Whitney:soup (she brought a delicious potato soup with toppings)
Alison:bread bowls
Brit:salad
Kylie:rolls
Michelle:treats (sugar cookies, chocolate dipped pretzels and mummy brownies)
Mikell:treats (swiss cake roll bats and spider doughnuts)
All the food was so good and it was fun to have so many options!

This year Rylee wanted to be Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series. I bought the glasses and patch off amazon and the wand is my wand that I bought at Harry Potter world a couple of years ago. I told Rylee she could use it if she was very careful with it. She held it for pictures but I noticed her putting it back in it's box on the shelf when she wasn't using it rather then leaving it laying around. That made me really happy. 
I procrastinated her costume a bit, not a lot but enough that it made her nervous and question as to whether I would have it done on time. Obviously I finished and she looked really cute. 

It took Avynlea a while to really commit to what she was going to be for Halloween. Finally she decided on a cat and we got some really cute cat ears from Claire's. The tutu and tail we had from previous years costumes and so hers was really easy to put together. I liked that! I did her hair and makeup with her adding a little bit more drama to the makeup when I was done. I think she turned out looking amazing and she loved it which is most important!



 As soon as everyone showed up we gathered the kids for a picture before letting them loose to the fun.
Back Row: Rylee (Luna Lovegood), Jason (Superman), Kelly (Owl), James (Dragon), Brooke (Fairy), Asher (Peter Pan), Qiana (Wendy), Amelia (Skunk), Brielle (Tiger Lilly), Hazel (Tinker Belle), Avynlea (Cat) and Kinsley (Lady Bug)
Bottom Row: Xander (Michael Darling), Sadie (50's Girl), Tayvia (Mermaid), Jenna (Witch), Madi (Butterfly), and Caleb (Dragon)

We have a family in our ward that owns a bouncy house business. Since it is a bit more off season they told Kefford we could rent one of their more basic Bounce houses for $40 if we picked up and set it up ourselves. Um, Yes Please! This Bouncey House was the best idea and it kept the kids occupied and having fun! They had fun making up games and showing off their fancy tricks!
 Since the kids were more or less occupied that led the adults time to hang out and visit. Jeremy and his family and Dustin and his family were the only ones that were not present. While Trista and Sara coming down from Idaho Falls was a last minute welcome surprise. 



The trampoline was also fun for the kids to play on and the kids loved having their Grandpa to play with. 
We had really beautiful weather that evening which made it nice for the kids to be able to play outside. 
Before everyone left I turned on some music so Madi could have her dance party. The older kids were not interested but these littles really showed us their moves! It was especially fun to watch the babies shake and bounce to the music. 
Another successful Peterson Halloween Parties and this one just makes me more excited for future Halloween Parties!