Friday, October 13, 2017

Meridian Temple

On Tuesday Kefford and I got 
to take a tour of the Meridian Temple. Before it opens to the public the Temple will have VIP tours and because Kefford and I were on the printing committee we got to go through as VIP's. It was pretty awesome to finally be able to go inside. I loved every bit of it, from the Baptistry to the Brides room. It was so beautiful and made me even more excited to start spending my Temple Tuesdays in this Temple.
Kenedy volunteered on Wednesday at the Temple to be one of 12 youth to put shoe coverings on the guests going through. She said it was a little chilly but she enjoyed performing the service. She saw Brit and Kelsey's family and Brit sent me a picture of Kenedy with their two eldest Brielle and Qiana. After her shift was done Kenedy was able to take a tour inside and she said she loved it. I was sad I couldn't be there with her when she went through but I am glad she took the opportunity when she could.
And on Thursday I took Avynlea, Ryker and Rylee out of school a little early so that they could go through the Temple with us. It was a beautiful day and I was really excited to take these three through the Temple.
First we looked at the Angel Moroni perched on the top of the Temple. I thought the stick coming out of the top of his head looked strange but Kefford said it was a lightening rod and that made sense to me.
It was pretty awesome to go through another Temple with my kids. They loved every bit of it and especially loved seeing the Baptistry. Rylee and Avy thought the Brides room was so pretty and imagined themselves standing in their one day wearing a beautiful white dress.
After the tour we hung out in the Reception tent for a few minutes to get a couple of pictures.

Kefford liked making himself appear shorter and had fun cracking himself up.

Ryker is just like his Dad and has a hard time cooperating seriously for pictures. Little stinker