Wednesday, October 4, 2017

PT Conferences and Senior Pictures

This morning Rylee and I went to her school for Parent Teacher Student Conferences. The student is supposed to lead the meeting by talking about how well they think they are doing in the subjects of math, reading/spelling, social studies and overall attitude. Rylee evaluated herself pretty fair and gave herself medium to high scores. Her teacher agreed with what she said and told me how she was above average in most of her subjects. He let me know that he sees a determination in her to keep at things until she gets them right or understands them. She is not afraid to ask questions when she does not understand something and I am so happy to hear that she has that quality. I find it so important for my kids to be able to speak up and not be afraid to ask questions. 
Rylee gets really nervous during these conferences and I was talking to her before hand about needing to relax and not act like a scared puppy. I told her that I loved her, that her teacher really liked her and that she was a good kid and shouldn't be nervous. During our meeting she was a bit nervous but not like she has been. She was able to speak up and talk about herself with much better confidence. I am pretty proud of this girl.
Rylee's class made some pretty awesome art projects that her teacher had put up outside the classroom. I had her point to hers so I could get a picture.
After the conferences we went home so I could do Kenedy's hair for her Senior pictures that we were getting done mid morning. I asked my friend Lindsey Hurst if she would do her pictures and she agreed but we had a hard time finding a day/time because of Kenedy's crazy schedule. They had finally decided to do it later in the month on two different Thursdays which sounded hectic to me. When I figured out the kids did not have school for most of this week I asked Lindsey if she had any time. She was going out of town Wednesday night but said we could do it mid morning if the day was overcast. I had looked earlier in the week at the weather and saw a week of sunny days. When I checked it on Tuesday I saw that Wednesday had changed to a cloudy day. This had to have been a tender mercy from the Lord!
We dropped Ryker, Avy and Rylee off at her house to play with her kids, picked Lindsey up and headed off. We got some pictures of her in her uniform at the High School, we went to the Camille Beckman place for some shots, Eagle Island and along the Emmett Highway. Lots of locations but they were pretty quick. We wanted some pictures on the field at the High School but they had football practice going on so Lindsey decided to take some in the front of the school and then after we went to the other places we went back to the High School to finish up on the field. By the time we got back to the field we were getting cold, the wind had kicked up and we were all ready to be done so we did not take too long there. I snapped a couple of pictures of Lindsey in action on my phone and am excited to see the edited ones when she is done.