Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Temple Trip

Our Stake President challenged our Stake to take at least one family name to the Temple before Easter this year. With the kids having their Family History callings and with this challenge I have been feeling the pull towards doing Family History but not knowing how to start. On the 2nd of this month Kefford and I went to the Temple for Ward Temple night and after wards I was talking to my friend Angela Ricks about the challenge and how I have not had luck with learning how to do Family History. She is a Ward Family History Consultant and she said she would help me get started and teach me all that I needed to know. I accepted her help and made plans to get together with her the next week so we could start. 
When I went over she was able to show me my line and how to look for my ancestors. My Dad had done some on his line as well as one of his cousins but there was still a lot to do. With Angela's help I was able to find names, enter them in and get them reserved so I could take them to the Temple. It was a lot of fun and I really loved the feeling I felt from it. As I have been doing them and finding names I have been praying that I could feel a link with my Dad so that together we could work on this, him on one side of the veil and me on the other. 
I had 8 names ready that needed baptisms so I took the older three to the Temple after school on Tuesday so that they could do them. This was Avynlea's first time going and doing baptisms and I was really excited for her because she was so excited. 
I took a picture of her before we went into the Temple. She is so cute!

We told the guy in charge that it was Avynlea's first time doing Baptism and when it was her turn she got in the font and he announced to the other workers that this was Sister Peterson and it is her first time doing Baptisms in the Temple. It was so cute. It was such a great feeling watching my kids be Baptized for my ancestors because of the work I was doing. When I was a youth my Dad took me and my siblings who were old enough to do Baptisms for the names he found and it felt full circle being at this Temple with my kids doing names I found. 
After they were done and as we were leaving I made sure to get some pictures of my kids with the Temple. How fun it will be in two years when Rylee can join us and we all can be in the Temple together doing this great work!