Sunday, March 26, 2017

Highway Cleanup, Meridian Temple and Girls Night

Saturday morning Kefford took Ryker and his friend Baiden, Avy and Rylee and Kenedy and some of her friends to clean up the Peterson Orthodontics Adopted Highway. The cheerleaders have to do a minimum of 20 service hours in order to earn their Varsity Letter and Kenedy along with some of the others needed a couple more hours. McCoy and Anna came along to be nice and help out. Kefford also had some of his and Kelsey's patients come and help out with the cleanup.
Kefford took these pictures and posted them to the Peterson Orthodontics Facebook page and I took them from there. 
He said that they found a lot of roadkill along the highway but they don't touch those, only the garbage.  Having the kids their with friends helped pass the time and make it more enjoyable. It only took them a couple of hours and them Kefford took all of the kids out to Pizza for lunch to thank them for their help.
Baiden and Ryker

Sarah, Kenedy, McCoy and Anna
Avynlea, Rylee, Emily and Hannah
After the kids got back Heather and I took Rylee and Avynlea over to the Meridian Temples Visitors Center which turned out to be closed. We got out and walked around a little bit anyway and looked at the Temple being built. 
We took pictures by the stone they had on display and then some in front of the Temple.


Avynlea wanted a picture where it looked like she was holding Heather and Rylee in her hand. It might have ben better if she were further away from them but it looks pretty good.
After the Temple we went home and got ready for a girls night out/in. It was the Women's General Broadcast that night and while Kenedy was on a date Heather and I took the two girls for dinner at Red Robin, my favorite. We stopped in at my friends daughters wedding reception to say congratulations and drop off the gist. While we were there Avy and Rylee enjoyed eating all of the treats they had, I could see their bellies getting more full and knew they would never be able to finish a mea l on their own so I had them split a child's meal. It worked out great, it was enough food for them and I didn't have to pay as much, win/win!

We got home in time to start watching the meeting with Kenedy coming in from her date just a little bit later. The meeting was being broadcast at our Stake Center but we decided it would be more comfortable and fun to watch it together at home. We shut the boys out of the TV room and watched away. I bought the girls little cross stitcheries and during the music I showed them how to do it and let them et to work. It kept them busy for a bit and they liked having a new creative thing to learn, Avynlea got a Beauty and the Beast stitchery while Rylee got a Bunny. I didn't get Kenedy one which was fine because she doesn't have as hard a time sitting still and she was busy doing her make-up for a group hangout she was going on after the meeting and looking at her phone until I told her to put it away.  
I really loved listening to the messages and always love listening to Elder Eyering, between helping the girls and my mind wandering I missed some of his message so I re-listened to it online the next morning and just loved it. So inspirational and uplifting, all of the talks were and I am so grateful to have been able to watch and listen with Heather and my girls. I made cookies in a cup and after the meeting we went down and had a mug of hot cookie with vanilla ice-cream on top, so delicious!




I drove Heather to the airport the next morning which was really sad. I had so much fun having her here and hated to see her go. I am grateful that she now has a job that gives her the time off to be able to come and visit and I hope that she comes back soon! It was a really fun week and we had a lot of fun, had a lot of laughs and made some good memories. It was really awesome for my kids to have more time with their Aunt Heather and they thinks she is pretty amazing and hilarious!
Please come back soon!