Sunday, March 19, 2017

State Cheer Competition!

Back in November Heather sent me a text saying she wanted to fly out here to visit for her Spring Break and asked it that was a good time. I checked my calendar and saw that it was the week before our spring break but that Rylee would be on Track Break and home with us, perfect time! I was really excited when I found out that the day she was flying in was the day that Kenedy would be competing at State for cheerleading! I was really looking forward to having my sister there to hang out with and watch Kenedy compete! 
I was supposed to pick Heather up from the airport at 12:30 but around 10 I got a message saying her flight from Salt Lake was delayed and she was going to land closer to 2. I was bummed she wasn't going to get in sooner but still felt like we had time to make it to the start of the competition. Well her delayed flight kept getting more and more delayed and I was getting more and more upset, why couldn't things just work in my favor!? I was definitely having a pity party for myself and I needed to get over it, so I left to go to the Idaho Center where the competition was taking place to save seats. I told myself at least Heather was coming and it was all going to be ok! I finally got word that she was boarding and that her flight would get in around 4, I left the competition around 3:45 to go pick her up, I knew she would miss one of the routines but I was confident that we would get back in time to watch the rest.
It was so fun having my sister there with me, I miss being with my family and am always so excited when I get an opportunity to be with them.
Kenedy had a lot of support at this competition and it warms my heart to see so many of her friends and family come to cheer her on. 
Alison came with Ally and Mikayla.
Wilson. Cody and Quinn came to watch Kenedy.
As well has McCoy, Bri and Isaac
Kefford came to watch and help me save seats. He left to go to War-Mart when he was getting bored and while Kenedy was not performing, he got Kenedy some snacks and a drink for me.
Kenedy and Aunt Heather
The boosters made fatheads for the cheerleaders this year. They had the kids take a picture of themselves using a snapchat filter and Kenedy chose a deer. It was pretty fun waving that around, we also had all of the posters we had made from the past two Pocatello competitions with us to hold up and cheer them on with.

Meridian placed 4th overall in the 5A division which was really awesome and they were super excited! They beat out every other local team including the one that took first overall at divisions!