Saturday, March 25, 2017

Camelsback Park

I was looking for something to do on Wednesday and asked friends on Facebook for suggestions. One of my friends recommended hiking at Camelsback park. I remember going when Kenedy and Ryker were really little and while I didn't remember much about I have heard a lot of positive thinks about this park so we decided to give it a try. I was worried that the trails were going to be too muddy and we wouldn't be able to do anything once we got there like table rock so I called the Parks and Rec department to talk to them and ask them how the trails looked. She  assured me that all the trails have sufficiently dried out and we would be good to go hiking. 
I was really impressed with the look of the area when we got there. It had a lot of different trails that wrapped around the area and intersected with each other. We hiked for about a mile I think and really enjoyed ourselves. 

After we hiked we let Rylee run around the playground and Heather and I got to swing on the swings. We wanted Rylee to take a picture of us and the first picture that was taken was a selfie by Rylee. 
She finally decided to take the pictures we wanted and I like how they turned out. Our heart in the bottom picture did not look as much like a heart as we wanted so we retook it and had Rylee fix the problem finger areas. 
It turned out much better and Heather and I laughed that the picture looked like an engagement or dating picture. Nope, just a best friends sisters picture!
Rylee got a hold of my phone later that night and took some more selfies including her creepy eyes face that she likes to do.
I liked going in to my room later that evening and finding Avynlea reading her scriptures on my bed. The Beehives made a goal to read two chapters a night in the Book of Mormon so that they could finish the entire Book in 4 months. Avynlea missed a couple of nights but she caught herself back up and is doing a good job accomplishing her goal.