Friday, March 17, 2017

Rylee is 10!



Rylee turned 10 on March 16th and that means we don't have any more kids in single digits! These kids are growing up way too fast! Rylee was so excited for her birthday and has been talking about it for the past month letting us know often what exactly she wanted for her birthday. Of all my kids she is always the most specific with what she wants for gifts, I think it is pretty cute. 
I made Raspberry muffins for breakfast and Rylee really liked those. After she ate and before the other kids left for school she asked if she could open one gift, the gift from her Grandma Alison. I told her of course and she was excited to open the gift which was a virtual drawing and design game and 5 crisp $2 bills. I also let her open the card from Whitney and she got a cute CTR zipper pull. Whitney is always so good to remember the kids on their birthdays. Rylee just spent  couple of days at her Grandparents house and she was happy to show me the dream catcher her Grandma let her have.
Rylee is on track break and the morning of her birthday our Wards Relief Society was doing a Humanitarian Project at the church. They were putting together bracelets and headbands for refugee kids. I thought RYlee would enjoy creating and decorating these so I took her with me. We were only able to be there for about an hour but in the time we were there we got a lot done and made some pretty cute accessories. 
After the Humanitarian Project Rylee went with me to dance class. Kim is out of town so I was teaching the adult class and then I had Rylee come in with me and help me with the Kinders class. On our way there I took a picture of her so that I could later post it on Instagram for her birthday. We then decided we needed to have some silly pictures and Rylee made sure to do her crazy white eyes face. It is pretty creepy.
After dance I was going visiting teaching but Rylee was over being my sidekick for the day and asked if I could drop her off at home before I went on my visit. I was only visiting one sister and she lives right around the corner so I dropped Rylee off at home with my phone and the instructions of no electronics. When I got home after about a half an hour I found Rylee looking at some of our family albums and she showed me her newly painted toenails.

For dinner we had Rylee's favorite, Spaghetti and meatballs with a side of Texas Toast garlic bread. Rylee was very happy with her meal but regrets putting an entire meatball in her mouth to eat. 
After dinner she got to open the rest of her presents. Avynlea got her a minecraft bunny shirt with some new capris, She got a case for her Kindle, and a copy of her favorite movie "Into The Woods". She has made it a habit to turn on the soundtrack for this movie whenever we are in the car waiting for the school bus to come. She likes listening to her favorite songs and claims it makes the bus come faster. Brit and her girls sent over a scripture carrier they made which was really cute and she loves, they were so sweet to think of her!
Rylee also got a new leotard, a new jacket and a little Jasmine polly pocket doll. She was quite happy with all of her new things.
Rylee had mentioned numerous times that she wanted an ice-cream cake for her birthday, when I expressed my doubts on being able to make one she said an oreo cake would be great also. My friend happened to have some cookie shaped cake pans so I decided to try and give Rylee all of it. I made a chocolate cake with crushed oreos inside and frosted just the inside with chocolate icing. I then added a layer of mint chocolate chip ice cream which is one of her favorite flavors. When I pulled the cake from the freezer to serve it I saw that the cake had cracked and the ice cream had leaked out even after following the directions to the letter. But it tasted delicious and Rylee loved it, success!

Avynlea wanted to light the candles so we let her light a few and then Rylee wanted to light some so we let her light a few with Kefford finishing off the job.
Rylee then wanted to cut her own piece so we let her go for that as well. She managed to get the job done with a little effort.
Rylee's Favorite Things:
  1. Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs
  2. Dessert: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-cream
  3. Candy: Skittles
  4. Color: Navy Blue
  5. Friend: Serena Ioset
  6. Scripture Story: Alma and Amulek
  7. Primary Song: Gethsemane
  8. Radio Song: House of Gold by twenty-one pilots
  9. Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  10. Movie: Into The Woods
  11. TV Show: Project MC square
  12. Thing to do: Draw and Read
  13. Place to go: Cousins House
  14. School Subject: Art
5 things I love about Rylee:
1. Rylee doesn't write me as many love notes anymore but she does like to send me Pins she finds on Pinterest. I consider that her modern age love notes because it means she is thinking of me and likes to send me things she thinks are cool or funny. One time she commented that I never send her any pins and so I try to find a few throughout the week to send her to let her know I am thinking of her. It is a little strange but it is cute the things she likes to send me. 

2. I love that Rylee is a big reader. They do the Accelerated Reading program at her school and she has already reached her goal twice this year and is on her way to hitting it a third time. She has read all of the Harry Potter books and loved them and is now reading Fable Haven. 

3. Rylee loves going to church and has done such a great job wth reading her scriptures. She finished the Book of Mormon this year and her Dad promised all of the kids a big "Treat/reward" when they finished reading. Rylee did not let him forget that and asked if she could have a bicycle. We were already planning on getting her a new one because she has outgrown her old one so this was perfect timing. I love that she made the commitment to read the Book of Mormon. She also loves Activity Days and is almost done with completing all the goals in her book. This girl is well on her way with growing her testimony and I love it!

4. I love that Rylee loves to eat apples, given the choice between eating an apple or eating a sweet typically she will pick an apple, I think it is cute and I like that she prefers the healthier option. 

5. Rylee is my little buddy and I love hanging out with her. She is fun, funny, sassy, kindhearted, and a little bit crazy. I love her a lot!