Thursday, March 16, 2017

Sunshine, Trolls and Hospitals

On Tuesday Avynlea had a choir concert at school. As we were walking into the building we were talking about how beautiful the weather was and how much we love the sunshine. I had to capture our moment in the sun because it was so nice to not be cold after such a long and hard winter. Avy did really well in her concert and I enjoyed listening to her songs. 
Our Kinderstars are doing a dance to the song "Hair Up" from trolls. I saw an idea on Pinterest for some fun hair accessories and after talking to Kim about it we agreed that they would be perfect for them to wear in the recital. I got the materials and with Avynlea's help made the headbands. We are having them wear them every week to practice their dance in so that they are used to them. These girls are so cute I had to take a picture before we took them off and put them away.
Kambree, Josie, Quinn and Chloe
Hayden Rose, Ainsley, Abby, Hayden, Addie and Lynden

On Tuesday my Mom had to go have surgery on her Kidney. I had the kids write her some get well notes and I put together a care package for her with her favorite black Jelly beans, our love notes and some pictures. I tried to get Kenedy to write  a note but she didn't make it home in time and we had to send it off so that it would arrive when I wanted it to. Kenedy sent her Grandma a really sweet text the night before letting her know she loved her and also letting her know that she fasted all day Monday for her. I knew Kenedy was fasting but was not aware as to why. I called my Mom on Tuesday a few hours after her surgery to check in with her. She was still pretty doped up and it was quite the fun conversation. She was really sentimental and told me how much she loved me and how proud she was of me as a Mother and a daughter. She said she really appreciated my call the day before and she commented on how well I am raising my kids and she was the one that told me that Kenedy fasted for her and how happy and touched that made her. 
On Wednesday Ashleigh sent me a text saying the package arrived and asked if she should take it to the hospital with her or wait for Mom to get home from the hospital. I told her to take it with her and Ashleigh is the best because she sent me pictures of my Mom opening her package. She said that opening it and looking through it all really wore Mom out but that she loved it and it made her so happy. I am glad that I could help my Mom have a bright spot in her Hospital stay.