Friday, June 13, 2014

Official Start of Summer!

My three younger kids had their last day of school and so summer can officially start! Yay! I went to the last day assembly because they were honoring the fifth graders. Ryker was recognized for being on Safety Patrol which was nice but overall the assembly was not all that special. I am glad I went though because it made Ryker happy. After the assembly the traditional school wide picnic was to be held. Subway did a thing this year where we could order meals through the school and have them delivered to our childs classroom. I thought this was a fantastic idea and a way to make the day a bit easier. Once I got out of the assembly I went around the classrooms to try to collect my kids. I found Ryker and Avynlea but Rylee had already gone out with her class. So we went outside and walked around looking for her. We finally spotted her sitting with our friends the Mortensons. 

We had a nice little picnic and it is really a fun tradition to celebrate the last day of school.
I took this picture of Ryker with his teacher Ms. Davis at his field day but included it here to go along with the other teacher pictures I took. Ryker had a great year with Ms. Davis and really liked her. She was really supportive of him and understanding of his needs. I am so grateful that she helped make his last year of elementary school so positive. Now let's move on with saying I cannot believe he is going to middle school! Time is flying by so fast!
Avynlea had Mrs. Keeton and she absolutely loved her. 
Avy with her BFF's Paige and Alexandria 

Our new 4th grader, 6th grader and 2nd grader!
Claire Mortenson wanted a picture with Rylee after she saw me taking pictures of my kids. 
This second picture is of Claire doing something called Bunny.

Rylee with Miss Hixon who she also loved.
We had a really awesome year with teachers this year and really lucked out,  I am so glad my kids all got teachers who pushed and challenged them and also made learning fun. 

After we ate the kids went and got in line to get snow cones and then I checked them out early so we could go home. What a great end to a great school year!