Friday, June 6, 2014

Fifth Grade Fun Day with Ryker

Ryker talked me into helping out at his 5th grade Fun day and so today I spent my day doing just that.     
I am not always thrilled to go and help out at these outside events where the parent helpers spend their time standing around trying to get 11 and 12 year olds to do activities and listen to us. But it was important to Ryker and he really wanted me to be there so I did it. I was put in charge of the water cup relay. The kids were split into three teams and they had to fill their cup with water, run it to the smaller bucket, dump the water in and then race back to hand off the cup to the next person. Sounds easy, until you find out that the cups have many, many holes punched in them, not so easy anymore. The kids loved it though and a lot of them did all they could to get themselves wet.

I got a couple pictures of Ryker while we was at my station. Since Kenedy is done with school I had her come with me to help out. She decided to spend the day helping in Avynleas classroom so I did not see her at all until school got out. I think she enjoyed going back to her elementary school for the day and I know she really liked helping, she said it makes her want to be a teacher. 

Avy earned the right to go to a pizza party this day because she met her goals for her reading projects this year. She was told she could bring a drink to eat with her pizza and it wasn't until we were at the school that she remembered she left her drink in the fridge. I had to stay to help at the fun day and so I said she would be ok to just drink water. Kenedy, though, said that she would walk over to Albertsons and get her a drink since she brought her money with her. I thought that was super sweet of Kenedy to be thoughtful enough to walk to the store to get her little sister a drink. I love seeing my kids being sweet to each other.





Ryker with his best buddy Braeden