Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fun at the Big House

Once Brit came with her kids and Grandma Alsion showed up with the Trista, the fun really started. Most of our time was spent playing in the Hot Tub, riding four-wheelers (Avy), watching TV, playing games. Basically we played and played hard.  
Avynlea liked playing on her Grandma's iPad.
Holding Xander was a favorite past time for my girls. They would grab him and sit and hold him for the longest times. It is fun for them to always have a baby hold and since I am not having anymore we are sure glad that baby cousins come along pretty regularly.

These three loved being in the Hot Tub. I am happy that they are old enough to have minimal supervision and that they enjoy it so much. A lot of time was spent playing in the Hot Tub.

Friday night after dinner we decided we should go on a walk. It was a bit chilly and there were gray clouds overhead but we braved the elements to get out into nature and breathe the fresh mountain air. Brit had Xander in her baby Bjorn and since there were not any strollers Tayvia had to walk. Although really slow she did a good job of walking and Rylee was really good to stay with her. About 20 minutes into our walk Asher started complaining that a bug flew into his ear. He was really complaining about it and so Brit looked and didn't see anything and told him he would be fine. He kept complaining and so I looked and stuck my finger in and after poking around a bit told him that I got it out and he was all better. He remed fine with that for a couple of minutes but then started complaining again so we decided to head on back so Brit could look in his ear with a flashlight. As we were heading back it started to rain a little bit and so we were really trying to hurry. It would have been fine but poor little Tayvia has little legs and could not keep up. So I picked her up and started running with her which she thought was fun since we were pretending to chase her mommy. After I got too tired to carry her I set her down but she once again lagged really far behind. So I picked her up again and started running. This time she did not like me holding her and started crying for her mommy. I didn't want her to hate me so after a little bit I set her down beside Brit so she could finish walking with her Mom. Luckily we all made it back not too cold and wet.




Thursday night getting the kids to bed was a challenge. Avynlea was sleeping with Trista so she was fine but Rylee wanted to sleep in the room with Brielle and Qiana. Not really a problem but it was really late by the time we got them into beds and after giving them a couple of chances to go to sleep with them not I finally pulled Rylee into bed with me. Not a minute later she was fast asleep. 

Friday night Avynlea and Rylee wanted to sleep on the downstairs couches and Brielle and Qiana wanted to sleep upstairs with Tayvia. No problem there. SO I got my girls tucked into bed and then Brielle and Qiana came down saying they wanted to sleep down here because Tayvia was sleeping with their Mom. They said they wanted to sleep on the couches also and so I said that was fine but then I warned the whole lot of them that if I heard any talking or noise I was going to have to have Avy and Rylee come in with me. There has been a lot of late nights and my girls really needed to get to sleep. They all said they would be quiet and so with much trepidation I went into my room and got into bed. WOuldn't you know I heard not one peep from those four girls, not even a whisper. I could not believe how well they did, it was super impressive. 

The next morning I got up early to get the sheets washed and pack things up since my girls and I were going home that day. I thought the girls all looked cute sleeping and so I took some pictures. 





What a fun trip to McCall we had and an especially fun time being with family!