Saturday, June 21, 2014

Good Times

Another selfie by Kenedy
Pretty soon I am going to have enough of her selfies to make a book!
Our neighbors have a cherry tree in their back yard and one day they brought us over two grocery bags filled with cherries. We were all excited and ate a lot of yummy cherries. Finally I decided I needed to do something with them before they went bad and so I borrowed Alison's Dehydrator. After spending all day pitting the cherries I put them in the Dehydrator, crossed my fingers and went to bed. I looked up online how to dry cherries and so I put them at the heat recommended and hoped they turned out good. The next morning I cautiously opened up the lid and was oh so happy to find little dried cherries inside.
I had Rylee help me get the cherries out and so I took a picture of her holding the before and after.
Ryker was going to 11 year old overnight scout camp and had to bring up dinner and breakfast for himself. I had him put together a hobo dinner and then for breakfast he put together a breakfast burrito so that all he had to do was heat it up.
I was a nervous Mama sending my boy off on this overnighter for the first time. He was pretty excited about going and so even though I had some nervousness I was also excited for him to have this little adventure. I snapped this picture of him right before we walked out the door. He is such a cute boy scout.
Kenedy's cheerleading team was going to be in the Meridian Dairy Days Parade. Kefford was in Baker for work and Ryker was at scout camp so it was just me, Avynlea and Rylee who got to go watch. We sat with our friends the Pierce's and it was fun talking with them. The cheerleaders came by on their float pretty early in the parade and of course Kenedy was seated on the opposite side of us. Of course. I got a glimpse of her but she did not see us, that was kind of disappointing. The parade was fun and it wasn't too long so that is always nice.