Friday, October 1, 2021

Homecoming Pep Rally and Game

October 1: I got to go the Meridian High School this morning to watch Avynlea and the rest of her team perform at the Homecoming Pep Rally Assembly. Usually the Assemblys are held in the gym but with covid they decided to hold it outside on the turf. I got there early to get a seat and normally in the gym I would sit in the Senior section which is right in front of the action. As I and a couple of other Moms were sitting there one of the Student Council members came and asked us to move to the far end of the stadium. They did not have enough room in that area for the Seniors and visitors. No worries I got pictures as the girls were practicing so I was able to just watch them perform from the side and Avynlea did great! I love watching her perform the cheers, dances and stunts!




Student Council introduced their new "Mascot" Big Blue. WE can't have a Warrior mascot because that is racist, so dumb, and I believe the school has been wanting a mascot as a hype man and this is what they came up with. After the assembly Avynlea wanted me to take a picture with her friends and Big Blue. As I was taking the picture she started laughing and afterwards came and told me its because she is pretty sure Big Blue is her Homecoming date Kyle. His identity is a secret so nobody except Admin and I suppose Student Council knows for sure but Avynlea is pretty sure it is Kyle because of his height and the way he was walking and holding his head.

Paige, Avynlea, Big Blue, Natalie, Hailey and Dreya

Later that night Kefford and I went to the Homecoming game, Meridian vs Skyview. The first half Meridian was not doing so good and let Skyview score a touchdown but Meridian pulled it around for the second half and won 15-7. It was a good game and I loved watching the game and Avynlea. My friend Jeni Lindley and her daughter Makenna came to watch the game and sat with us. It was fun to visit with her throughout the game.

Natalie, Avynlea and Paige

Avynlea, Natalie and Paige
They were placed in a triangle for their spots in their sideline formation and one of them snapped a picture of their boxes.





What a great night and after last years sad Homecoming game lackluster thanks to covid it was so fun to have it back to normal, they even got to do the burning of the M after the game. Kefford and I chose to get out while we could and did not stick around for that.